Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

City of Dover sucks

I have to move my trailer from my driveway. Stupid city says so or face up to $1000/day in fines. Makes me sick that i pay them taxes each year and now i can't keep my property on my property.Im going to move it, but I plan to piss off whichever neighbor complained. The reasoning behind it is that its said to be an eyesore. Since a car that is registered and tagged can sit there as it pleases, I am in search of a cheap car that runs and is tagged. I am going to spray paint it, most likely bright obnoxious colors, and just leave it in the driveway for a while. Just to piss off whichever D-Bag neighbor called the city.

Damn right Pettee.......to hell with them.
    I'd spray paint a message saying "does this look better then my trailer".
    See what they say about that.
    Some people have nothing better to do.

are you kidding me??? some jackass says that looking at your ski and trailer is an eye sore??? F`n kill them ...PR...

Banned User
    +1
    I have been parking cars in my driveway for 17 years, sometimes blocking the sidewalks...no issues...

a few months ago one neighbor finally complained enough about speeding cars down our street (they cut through our area) and got a stop sign installed...

problem is, the stop sign is in themiddle of my front yard....mayor says he's sorry, but it has to happen...and he'll work with us if anything happens....

people have been throughing stuff in our yards, my truck has been egged several times...we get flipped off, obsenities yelled, I can't even pull in my driveway beause I have to avoid getting hit, even though they have to stop....

THEN since my little truck is parked on the driveway, with JUST THE BUMPER sticking intot he sidewalk, people have been calling and complaing, and we get parking tickets....so now I have to park in the street....which stops traffic even more because during rush hour it narrows the street up so only one car can pass through at a time...

I understand if my car was an eyesore, but its a brand new truck...and after 17 years with no problem, its odd that we get several calls right after a stop sign gets put up....

and the complaints keep coming at the same time every time, just after 6pm....The police cheif says they have to follow up on the complaint, which is fine, he just instructs all his officers to give us warnings, no tickets....

funny thing is, people have called and complained that they should take it down because it distrupts their travel through the area....

One time i got a complaint called on me the day i was winterizing my skis, says i was blocking the sidealk....WITH MY TRAILER, it was taking up the whole driveway....

My father and I plan on taking time off work atleats every friday during the summer, getting out boats , and parking them on both sides of the street, which will cause such a bottle neck that only 1 car will be able to go the whole length at a time.....its gonnabe great, becaus the way we park is TOTALLY legal...

Danny thats awesome. Ha.

It just bugs me cause I have to get a double gate outback and lay down some rocks, when I dont plan on keeping the house longer than this August ( just till the two yea mark). Money spent that adds no value I have to spend.

+1
    I had a friend that had the same thing happen to him except it was an old boat (that he did use just about every weekend). He did the exact same thing that you said you are going to do. He found an old toyota tercel (I think it was), and painted every body panel a different florescent color with bulls eyes on each door. He would just drive it once every couple of weeks because the code said that you could not have a vehicle, triler, etc that wasnt driven every so often sitting in your driveway or parked on the road. It was pretty funny and he liked the attention that he got driving the car.

You might want to ask the city for the code in writing. I'll bet it says that it can not just sit there for "X" amount of days. If that is the case just take it to work once a week and tell them to stick it.

Danny, you should just take a sawzall to the stop sign one night, and throw it out.
    I went to school with a guy named Dover. Ben was his first name. I think he was gay. He walked funny.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    Danny, you should just take a sawzall to the stop sign one night, and throw it out.
    I went to school with a guy named Dover. Ben was his first name. I think he was gay. He walked funny.
    What did you do to him?

Danny, nice to freakin know that my Camry has a risk of getting some breakfast on it! Remind my to take the Tacoma up there next time. The stop sign sucks, and if they wanted to solve the problem completely, they need to make it a one way, so that people are not racing the stoplight!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    What did you do to him?
    That was a LONG time ago. It was a time without tolerance or political correctness. So we did the only thing we knew to do, we beat him senseless. J/K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information