and went to school with my son
    it's very sad thing to happen and my condolances go out to the girls family

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    link?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    http://www.smh.com.au/national/austr...811-241ig.html

another tragedy..just what the industry needs.

just great..next will be an outcry for seat interlocks that prevent a ski from starting unless you are seated.

rental operators should see a huge increase in their insurance as a result of the bone head who rented the ski to this young fellow.

rental skis should be speed limited unless the renter can show a valid jetski registration( i simple terms..you know how to fly..here are the keys for the cessna in spot #3)

pwc's aint toys

when I visited kona a few years ago, jetski rentals were out of the question, as the riding area was very very limited and costs were high.

In cabo, the rental operators seemed to have no problem with you buzzing monster cruise ships coming and going from the harbor. I was fearful that a couple of hot dogs on some big skis would cause a problem as they were getting really close to the ships.

If rental operators don't get wise..somebody will regulate them out of business. I wanted to do rentals myself, till I found out what the insurance was going to cost ( and without a claim..after a claim of any nature, my broker told me I'd be lucky to break even after renting at 100% capacity for 70% of the season.

+1
    Two young people; her life now gone and his changed forever.
    What a tragedy.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    make that three....(and more)

the rental guy who wishes he would have just taken the day off and gone fishing

+1
    This just came on Fox News this morning with the lawyers weighing in...very sad but who's really to blame other than the rider...First you would have to assume that Rentals take into concideration that the riders are novices..that this ski a Yamaha VX I believe had it in low RPM mode...the rider is given instructions on starting /stoping /turning...most important ,were there patrol skis out there?...rentals in Jersey/Ocean city MD. they have them at least the rentals Ive seen...If that Hawaiian rental did not follow a strict code of prep and safety and monitor the riders then they are just as negligent....

+1
    No ones fault but the operater!!!!!!!! That's the real truth, whatever kind of crap goes on after that is just BS!!!!!!!

Homer, AK, D.F., MEX., Now San Antonio, TX
    +1
    This simply needs to be sorted out in court. The girl's father said that she slowed down right before the crash? If she was the stand-on vessel in a crossing situation, she is required to maintain course and speed. Regardless of the negligence of the kid, by the girl's father's words, unless this was a slow speed area, she could be found at least partially responsible. The kid spending time in jail isn't going to bring the girl back but it would possibly dissuade some other idiot from killing an innocent. Offhand, I would say give 'em about five years to think about it. I'd give whoever deleted video to protect him two or three.
    Sweet-looking girl makes me get a bit defensive thinking about my daughters. I hate this.

+1
    The sad part about this is it only takes a fraction of a second of not paying attention between two young people having fun and death . How many here have had a close call ? I know I have , could have been fatal but for a split second reaction. And I have been riding skis for years. I think rental operators need to keep very close watch on the riders to stop this happening again. The trouble is they employ young people who may not be really invested in what might happen, makes you think .

Thread Information