Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

rxt-x 2012 thrown off

Hey. are there any others that have experienced. Being thrown off the personal watercraft on small/medium waves with RXT-X 2012. feels like sponsons on one side digs into the wave and flips the PWC. has happened 3 times. the last flip ended yesterday with a broken femoral neck and a pretty black eye have never experienced it on the RXT-X 2009 I have.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker View Post
    Hey. are there any others that have experienced. Being thrown off the personal watercraft on small/medium waves with RXT-X 2012. feels like sponsons on one side digs into the wave and flips the PWC. has happened 3 times. the last flip ended yesterday with a broken femoral neck and a pretty black eye have never experienced it on the RXT-X 2009 I have.
    wow. Feel better. Any Modifications to the ski? What do you have the sponsons adjusted to on the 3 levels they offer?

+1
    WOW, never heard of this......I would inspect the intake grate, pump area bolts, iBr integrity, sponson bolts, etc. Something is out of rigging.

BTW, I flew F-16's in 1984 all over Norway for 2 months......absolutely one of the most beautiful country's in the world!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    wow. Feel better. Any Modifications to the ski? What do you have the sponsons adjusted to on the 3 levels they offer?
    sponsons is at the middle level. drove straight through the waves. hit the next wave a little more on one side then the next is that I'm in the air and PwC has taken a 90 * turn and flipt over twice and lies upside down in water. it don't have mods

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker View Post
    sponsons is at the middle level. drove straight through the waves. hit the next wave a little more on one side then the next is that I'm in the air and PwC has taken a 90 * turn and flipt over twice and lies upside down in water. it don't have mods
    How big of waves we talking?

small 0.3 to 0.5 meters. when I run with RXT-X09 mod with riva-xxx sc + + + + + + + I run a lot faster on such waves and larger

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    WOW, never heard of this......I would inspect the intake grate, pump area bolts, iBr integrity, sponson bolts, etc. Something is out of rigging.

BTW, I flew F-16's in 1984 all over Norway for 2 months......absolutely one of the most beautiful country's in the world!!!!!!!
    Yes it is nice here. run into the fjords and between all the islands with the PwC's. only thing is that it has become illegal to drive pwc in this countrie.The only land in the EU that have bans on driving PWC. And we've got one of the largest coastlines .. they mean PwC makes too much noise. and damage to wildlife along the coast.but if you have a nor-tech with 4000 hp, it's okay

+1

Does this look like a similar ejection to yours?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post

Does this look like a similar ejection to yours?
    That rider in the video simply couldn't hold on after it bit in the corner. That's happened to us all, right? I pulled a grip off in a corner, hit my tail bone on the side and flew off. I popped out of the water still holding the grip. Not cool.
    From what I understand, Stroker is saying his ride took the first wave, then hit the second at an angle, and the nose of his ride deflected to one side.
    His weight continued to carry him forward as the nose of his ride was deflected, which caused the hull to dig in more, throwing him off. While he flew through the air, his ride continued to roll until it was upside down.
    Had something similar happen to me once. Popped up and turned in time to see the bars nearly touching the water. It didn't turn completely over though. Hurt like hell.
    Wish you a speedy recovery!

+1
    I've been thrown off my fair share of times.....I must say though, that it is strange that the ski flipped over. Have you inspected the pump to make sure it's tight against the hull? Any Cavitation? Loose sponson?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information