Excessive Blow By?

On my 2010 RXTX (70hrs) with mods in sig, I noticed last ride oil all over the inside of the hull under the motor, and on the side by the catch can. To add to this, I cannot seem to keep the seal from leaking in the supercharger (3 viton's installed correctly). Obviously there is a fair bit of pressure coming out of the catch can but I am not sure what is normal.

I have never had anything come out of the catch can when draining so I removed it to check it for leaks and all is good, it alsoms seems like the oil is going out the top of the catch can not falling in the bottom.

I recently installed the Vtech 8350 and am wondering with the added RPM do these engines maybe push more oil out..

Let me know what you think of this, I am not sure what is normal.

My 120hrs RXP in sig does not have this issue and minimal moisture and oil when draining the catch can.

+1
    Oil is probably coming from the PTO seal, and only while ski is running. If you are still using stock 2010 drive shaft configuration, this is the beginning of future problems, been there done that. Change the pto seal and install the 2011-2012 C-Clip style drive shaft. DO a search and you will find lots of information about this problem of pto seals leaking, drive shaft spline and impeller spline failures.

A little "smoke" from the catch can is normal.

Sounds to me like you need a full SC rebuild.

Thanks jpt. I was not aware of the extent of the 2010 driveshaft issues, figured it was more of the spline failure problem. I am planning on doing the change this winter to the 2011 setup. So I am assuming that the 2010 driveshaft is hard on the pto seal as well?

A little smoke is normal but oil spray on the side of the hull doesnt seem normal...

The supercharger was just replaced under warranty about 15 hours ago. The last one had the bearings go out, they did not grenade but were making a heck of a noise thru the intake. Pulled the scer out and the shaft had 1/8" movement up and down. The new one has slight movement but seems ok, it should be with only 15 hours!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Oil is probably coming from the PTO seal, and only while ski is running. If you are still using stock 2010 drive shaft configuration, this is the beginning of future problems, been there done that. Change the pto seal and install the 2011-2012 C-Clip style drive shaft. DO a search and you will find lots of information about this problem of pto seals leaking, drive shaft spline and impeller spline failures.

A little "smoke" from the catch can is normal.

Sounds to me like you need a full SC rebuild.
    +1

I swear this thing is cursed, I sure hope that when the bearing went out of the supercharger that there was no schrapnel that got into the engine... The bearing by the gear is the one that let go, but it did not look like there was any pieces of it missing.

Gonna have tto monitor the situation

Thread Information