Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Morgan City, LA

2013 Line-Up of Yamaha Personal Watercraft and Boats

Here we are with 2013 fast approaching and the moment many of us have been waiting for. It's always exciting to see what the manufacturers will have in store for us for the next model year. Many of us hope for new models, or new features and moan with disappointment to only get BNG. (Bold New Graphics)

"Bold new Graphics" can be a good thing as is the case with the 2013 line up of Yamaha Waverunners.
    I personally am in love with the black and yellow color scheme of the new FZS and VXR. I think those skis will be a huge hit.

So why not a new ski for 2013? I mean after all, the FZR has been around since 2009. Well, when you look at it from Yamaha's stand point it's easy to figure out just by looking at the 2012 racing results. Yamaha domination on the closed course with the FZ in Pro Open Runabout, the VXR in NA Runabout and with the FX in Pro Runabout Limited.

Then you look at previous sales.
    The VX Series has been the best selling PWC in the industry for the 8th year in a row.
    The VXR/VXS is the best selling PWC in it's class
    The FX Cruiser SHO is the best selling luxury performance model.

So why change a good thing?

Yamaha has focused on two areas that mean the most to customers. Reliability and showroom appeal with the new colors with metallic paint and the new stitching on the seats as you can see in the pictures below.

A statement from Yamaha regarding their 2013 line up:
    Yamaha Introduces 2013 WaveRunners® With Best in Class Features, Technology and Performance

KENNESAW, GA – AUGUST 13, 2012 Yamaha WaterCraft Group, a division of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., today introduced its 2013 line of WaveRunner® personal watercraft highlighted by the return of the industry’s luxury flagship line, the FX® Series; and the industry’s best-selling models ever, the Yamaha VX® Series.

“Yamaha WaveRunners dominate virtually every segment of the personal watercraft industry,” said Bryan Seti, Yamaha’s national marketing manager. “We’ve focused on innovation and luxury to propel the FX Series to the top of the luxury performance segment. Our VX Series offers the reliability, performance and value that entry level buyer demands. And our performance models have demonstrated their leadership on the race course with multiple national and world titles. This is an exciting lineup for Yamaha and one that offers a model we know connects with every type of consumer.”

Led by the flagship FX Cruiser SHO®, the industry’s best-selling luxury-performance model ever, the FX® line delivers the utmost comfort, convenience, storage capacity, towing ability, and unadulterated fun. The FX Series includes the FX Cruiser SHO, FX SHO®, FX Cruiser® HO, and FX® HO.

FX Series Highlights:
    • New metallic colors and graphics.
    • “Theater” seating for Cruiser® models; the first true three passenger seat on a personal watercraft with hip support for the driver and each passenger.
    • Fast acting mechanical neutral for starting in place.
    • The largest displacement engine on the market.
    • “Command link” instrumentation buttons on dash.
    • Fast access stern storage area for wet items and tow accessories.
    • Extra large stern reboarding area.
    • NanoXcel® hull and deck
    “There is not another watercraft in the industry that is as in tune with today’s luxury performance buyer as the Yamaha FX Series,” said Scott Watkins, Yamaha’s product manager. “Not only does this series feature the largest displacement engine in the industry, but it is packed with the latest innovations and technology. From Cruise Assist to Neutral gear to the Theater style seating, the FX Series offers consumers a fun, fast, comfortable ride with amenities and features that exceed what they thought was possible in a personal watercraft.”

Joining the FX® line are Yamaha’s signature VX® Series WaveRunners®, which are the most affordable, reliable and fuel-efficient watercraft on the market today. The VX Series remains the watercraft of choice for value minded buyers and rental operators alike.

VX Series Highlights:
    • Topped the sales chart in 2012 for the eighth consecutive year.
    • New metallic paint colors and graphics.
    • Offers the best fuel economy of any three-person personal watercraft in the industry.
    • The #1 choice of rental operators due to its reputation for reliability and low maintenance.
    The VX Performance Series returns with Yamaha’s VXR® and VXS® that feature all new colors and graphics as well. These models offer the performance of the world’s fastest supercharged models without the added cost of a supercharger and intercooler.

VX Performance Series Highlights:
    • The most affordable high-performance model in the industry.
    • New colors and graphics for 2013.
    • The largest displacement engine in its category.
    • Dominating the Normally Aspirated class on the 2012 IJSBA national tour.
    • Class-leading acceleration and top speed out of the box supported by a wide selection of aftermarket products for racing enthusiasts.
    Also returning is Yamaha’s FZ® Series, the epitome of high performance and Yamaha’s racing heritage. The two-person FZR® and three-person FZS® feature Yamaha’s 1.8L Supercharged engine, the largest displacement engine in the industry, along with Yamaha’s exclusive NanoXcel hull and decks, which are engineered using nanotechnology to be light, strong and nimble.

FZ Series Highlights:
    • Industry-leading acceleration and top speed out of the box supported by a wide selection of aftermarket products for racing enthusiasts.
    • The largest displacement engine in the market.
    • Industry’s only race-ready nano-engineered hulls and decks.
    • Dominating the Pro Open class on the 2012 IJSBA national tour.
    • Premium sport bolstered seat for the FZR.
    More information on the new 2013 WaveRunner models is available at:

Video's below
    FX SHO Cruiser

VX Cruiser

VX Deluxe

VX Sport

FX Cruiser HO

FX SHO

FX HO

Ride like a pro with Dustin Farthing: Use your legs

Ride like a pro with Dustin Farthing: Get off your seat

Morgan City, LA
    Yamaha Introduces 2013 Boats Including New 19-Foot Performance Series

KENNESAW, GA – AUGUST 13, 2012 -- Yamaha WaterCraft Group, a division of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., today introduced its new and expanded line of 2013 boats highlighted by the debut of the Yamaha 192 Series, the first boats ever to feature an advanced technology supercharged 1.8L engine and the flagships of Yamaha’s 19-foot boat line. This is Yamaha’s largest boat offering to date with 12 models ranging in length from 19 to 24-feet.

“Yamaha jet drive boats have become the standard for quality, reliability, performance and value in the recreational boating industry,” said Bryan Seti, Yamaha’s national marketing manager. “This is evidenced by our boat models topping the sales charts in each of their classes last year as consumers continue to gravitate toward the unique features and attributes that set Yamaha boats apart from anything else on the water today.”

Introducing Yamaha’s First 19-Foot Performance Series
    All new for Yamaha are the 19-foot SX192 and AR192 boats. These boats set a new benchmark for the 19-foot category by offering a spacious design, best-in-class performance, all the attributes of Yamaha jet power and a full feature package that has not been seen in this size or price range before. The new 192 Series features Yamaha’s unique internal drivetrain and a compact 1.8L supercharged engine package that allows Yamaha to design a more spacious cockpit layout than competing brands and provide Yamaha’s award-winning stern lounge area, the hallmark of all Yamaha boats.

“We have been researching the 19-foot boat segment for years so that we could deliver a series like the 192s that would shake things up a bit,” said Scott Watkins, Yamaha’s product manager. “This boat provides unbelievable performance compliments of a supercharged engine package. It includes all the premium features customers want in this price range but haven’t been able to get before. And we included all these features standard as part of Yamaha’s Total Package. Then we delivered all this at a price thousands below the competition.”

Yamaha’s Largest Boat Line Ever
    For 2013, Yamaha boat customers can choose from 23 different configurations ranging in price from $25,999 to $53,499

Joining the 192 Series is the value-priced 19-foot 190 Series, the family friendly 21-foot 210 Series, the high-performance 212 Series, and the 24-foot 240 and 242 Series, the largest, most feature-rich models in the Yamaha line.

Additional highlights for 2013 include new stylized helms featured on Yamaha’s 24-foot models, and black and grey aluminum tower options available on specific watersports models. Also new are premium Clarion® premium sound systems throughout the line.

Yamaha boats ended the 2012 selling season as the best-selling boats in their classes and Yamaha boats in total were the best-selling 19-foot to 25-foot’ family runabout boats in the industry.

To see the entire 2013 line up of Yamaha Boats, visit

Video's below:

242 Limited

SX240 High Output

192 Walk Thru

AR240 High Output

Tahiti, French Polynesia
    Pics for the PWC not working (yet?)
    I'm a little disappointed, I was looking forward to see a New FZ.
    I do understand Yamaha p.o.v but being in a market of another ski... I wanted to see what was next for the FZ this year!

I dig the new Yellow/Black accent or Blue/Black accent tho, it gives the ski more aggressive look!

I don't see the Superjet as a 2013 model. I know that it was race only for 2012, but is it totally discontinued for all purposes now? That would be a shame...

Davenoprt Iowa
    That blows. Could have atleast gotten a better pump...

Tampa, FL
    I'm loving the yellow VXR. Kind of wishing I had waited. Oh well, maybe its just time to get one for the wife

League City, Texas
    I like the yellow! Nice

Greenville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    I like the yellow! Nice
    I like the yellow also, look forward to checking it out in the showroom. Bet it has more than meets the eye Bumblebee would be perfect car to tow it with

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PFSchool-2043357.jpg 
Views:	9359 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	280324

Waxahachie, TX
    At least I don't have to regret my 2012 purchase

Strong Island, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    At least I don't have to regret my 2012 purchase
    Exactly what I'm thinking!

I like the black trim on the 13' VXR's.