expired trailer plates. while in transit.

any one forget they expired. or gotten pulled over for expired plates? mine expired in April and just realized this..and wanted to hit the water bad but worried about local popo.... few people don't even register trailers but idk how they get away with it

Banned User
    +1
    its risk/reward. you get caught you could buy plates and stickers for years to come. not worth the risk for this guy

All depends. The guy I got my HX from didnt have the ski registered nor did he have a tag on the trailer. Last time the ski was registered was in 2004! I have been to the lake a few times but always keep my paperwork. I just haven't made it to the Tag office with my work schedule and them being closed on the weekends!

Re: expired trailer plates. while in transit.

yeah IL is goofy. I got my sticker so I'm safe.....

+1
    In Minnesota we have lifetime registration, small sticker on tongue no plates. Moving it would be hard to tell. Sitting at a ramp is a different story.

wish we had appointed plates like.commercial trailers do.... in.il but no.... lets make odles of dough every year

+1
    nope we have multi year plates for $75 it is good for as long as you own the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by hoffmanestates View Post
    any one forget they expired. or gotten pulled over for expired plates? mine expired in April and just realized this..and wanted to hit the water bad but worried about local popo.... few people don't even register trailers but idk how they get away with it

In Texas, as long as the ski on the trailer has current registration the trailer doesn't have to be taged but if u pull the trailer empty it's u have to have current plates on trailer....

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by rimshop97 View Post

In Texas, as long as the ski on the trailer has current registration the trailer doesn't have to be taged but if u pull the trailer empty it's u have to have current plates on trailer....
    Is that true, if so that's great.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rimshop97 View Post

Is that true, if so that's great.

Sean
    The registration on the jet ski itself and the trailer have nothing whatsoever to do with each other.

In Texas, any trailer, including jet ski trailers has to have current up to date tags registered every year. The tags for each one of my jet ski trailers cost over 60 dollars per year to keep each of them them registered. The registration cost is for 12 months beginning with the month you first register it and it ends 12 months later.

Thread Information