+1

2012 FX Cruiser SHO or FZR?????

Ok, so I was completely set on the FX Cruiser SHO, but the FZR has me thinking. I ride in hte lakes here in TN and on the Tennessee River. The water is pretty calm for the most part. I ride with my wife and currently we cruise on a 2000 XL 1200 LTD. with a few mods. If it is calmer waters can we get by with the FZR with 2 people, or is it that much more comfortable for 2 people on the Cruiser SHO. I was thinking the FZR if the ride is close to the Cruiser that way I get to have a little more fun when riding by myself? Or is performance of the Cruiser SHO comparable to the FZR so go ahead and go that route? Good deals right now so looking to buy in hte next couple weeks.

I am sure either one will be better than what we are currently on? Thoughts on people who have rode both?

+1
    I have an FZR most of the time i ride on ocean with my wife and it's ok for me get the FZS that has the seat a little bigger so it can be more comfortable.

+1
    My bad, I was not thinking. If I got the FZ series it would be the FZS for the little bigger seat. Just wanting to see if the Cruiser if that much more comnfortable in normal cruising operation?

+1
    I don't have cruiser seats, but the cruise assist feature is a definite benefit when considering cruising. I have an 02 xlt and it runs well in various water and chop... and honestly any modern Yamaha hull will out perform it, but compared to the FX SHO you will be pleasantly suprised. The Cruiser is built and geared towards that market share for a reason. The Cruiser rear seat is honestly one of the best for a passenger in feel, support and comfort. Seen some skis with a regular front and cruiser rear for the wives.

+1
    Well guys, since the it looks like there was absolutely no changes for 2013 models I am for sure going to go with a 2012 model and have decided on the FX Cruiser SHO. I think this will make the wife the wife the happiest and am going to start the haggling process with dealers!!!! I bet it has more than enough get up and go to be fun for just me on it also!!!

+1
    I just bought TWO new matching black 2012 SHO's. I was torn between the seat options but went with the SHO over the cruiser. The cruiser gives great support for 3 riders, BUT when you have just two, or in my case common SOLO riding, the middle seat bolster is a complete nuisance and is always in the way. I am taller and like to hunker down on speed rides and the cruiser seat just gets in the way, and the cruiser also costs more for just not that much more. My two cents. Good luck and happy skiing

+1
    All right, I am going to go to a local dealer at lunch time and look at the cruiser seat and see what you are talking about. We will never have 3 on the ski as it is just me and my wife. Something else to consider.......

+1
    I'd sit on them both because to me the '12 HO and the HO Cruiser seat are very similar.... I have the '12 HO and heck it's like a stadium seat without the bolsters and rides very well. Like the other guy said, I would think the bolsters would just get in the way.... I couldn't be happier with my '12 FX HO purchase.

Thread Information