Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    308

    sbt pistons for sl900

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insect 005.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	280281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insect 004.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	268.0 KB 
ID:	280282 why is the middle one not the same as the others their all the same size just one has an x on it and does not have the plating on the side is the normal or should i call sbt?


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    Although you probably wouldn't have any issues using those three, if it were me I would want all 3 to match.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    308
    okay i will call sbt i did not think that would work

  4. #4
    ujustlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Howell Michigan
    Posts
    1,597
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski4ever View Post
    okay i will call sbt i did not think that would work
    im sure they will work just fine, but I agree with Bryan, I would want all 3 to match when possible. I have 2 stock 785 pistons in my pro and 1 WSM 750 piston.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    308
    its a friends ski so i might just leave it if it runs okay and i dont think you would know a diffrence

  6. #6
    Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    3,350
    +1
    26
    for what they cost, they should make it right. If you're doing a low dollar who cares I'll even use a used piston rebuild then go for it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski4ever View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insect 005.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	280281Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insect 004.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	268.0 KB 
ID:	280282 why is the middle one not the same as the others their all the same size just one has an x on it and does not have the plating on the side is the normal or should i call sbt?
    Please call SBT @ 877-330-0231. Looks like we might have sent one piston that is not coated. You shouldn't have any issues if you decide to run it like this but we would like to send you another coated piston.

    Thanks. Jeremy

  8. #8
    Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    3,350
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcash12 View Post
    Please call SBT @ 877-330-0231. Looks like we might have sent one piston that is not coated. You shouldn't have any issues if you decide to run it like this but we would like to send you another coated piston.

    Thanks. Jeremy

  9. #9
    burtonrider10022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orland Park, IL
    Posts
    396
    +1
    13
    I love when vendors make shit right. It was just a minor mistake, but I'm still glad you guys stepped up!

  10. #10
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,596
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by burtonrider10022 View Post
    I love when vendors make shit right.

    It was just a minor mistake, but I'm still glad you guys stepped up!
    It looks like that piston was marked as defective (the X on top) yet still managed to get packaged and be put into inventory.

    Quality control issue somewhere, it would seem.

    Good to see that Jeremy and SBT are correcting the error.

    Not good that the issue happened to begin with. That uncoated piston should never have been shipped to a customer, correct?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB SBT piston and rings for 1200r re-sleeved jug
    By kwr in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 09:56 AM
  2. WTB SBT piston 0.50 for 1994 SL 750
    By stormdlp in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 05:45 AM
  3. Boysen reeds for sl900 fit on sl780...?
    By jcc011185 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 10:39 AM
  4. Pistons for Cylinders
    By spud in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 11:16 PM
  5. New SBT calendar for you horndogs.
    By Pistonwash in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •