'10+ RXT/GTX 215 Changes?

Hey All,

I think I might have my last question (for now anyhow)...

Seems like '10+ RXT and GTX 215 skis got some changes to the '07-09. Seems like the main change was a redesigned hull - right? Seems like I read somewhere this is also when they came with steel washers from Sea Doo - correct?

What changes were made to the '10+ and are they worth while?

I am in the market for a pair of RXT 215 / GTX Limited 215. I am planning on owning these machines for a very long time. I have already decided they will be at least '07s based on the reading on this site (awesome info out here btw!!!). Now starting to wonder if I should look for some '10+. I do not want to go brand new.

Last edited by Yonkers; 08-14-2012 at 02:13 PM.

What would people suggest stick with the '07-09 or go with the '10+ version of the RXT 215?

Tampa, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post

What would people suggest stick with the '07-09 or go with the '10+ version of the RXT 215?
    All Supercharged Skis from '08 and newer got the new updated Steel supercharger washers.

Standard RXT 215's got he new S3 Hull in '10 and was the last year for this ski. In 2011 the RXT no longer came with the 215hp motor but instead got the upgraded 260hp motor.

The '09 RXT-iS also got the S3 hull as well as the upgrade 255hp engine

I wouldn't touch anything older then an '08. Even then thats still old. The newer the better and the longer the warranty the better.

4. +1 by:

Thanks for the info!

I am a little concerned about the longevity of the braking system (I am not 100% sure how it works) and other icontrol features that seem like they were added in the '10 RXT 215 and larger HP versions of the RXT starting in '09. Beating the bushes now of the used ski market, will see what pops up.

Thread Information