Factory pipe spec 2

I know Im under the wrong heading but I just found a Spx with all the goodies except for a factory pipe. if there is anybody out there who knows where I can get a used spec 2 in good shape please please contact me at 706-662-9814. that is my business line so if I don't answer please leave me a message. Thank you

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to GH. What year SPX? 97+? I have to ask but why do you want a Spec II? What else has been done to this ski?

I thought the spec to was the better of the 2 pipes. I believe it is a 99 its yellow with black bottom. I had a 96 some years back With all the same goodies But without the pipe. The 99 and my 96 back in the day both have all the same modifications. Level 1, Nozzles 8588, Works intake great, the triangular ride extenders in the back I think they were bent up 6 degrees, xo, I used the hydraulic trim just like on the r x x.. I should have never gotten rid of the rxx but anyway I have a 5 year old now and I really loved that x 4 hull. I got the spx from my buddy who has had it since it was new and has treated very well. the only thing I want to do to it is the pipe and I thought the spec 2 with the water deal was better. but I maybe wrong. any input would be greatly appreciated and I am writing this from my phone which is a nightmare.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckeranddad View Post
    I thought the spec to was the better of the 2 pipes. I believe it is a 99 its yellow with black bottom. I had a 96 some years back With all the same goodies But without the pipe. The 99 and my 96 back in the day both have all the same modifications. Level 1, Nozzles 8588, Works intake great, the triangular ride extenders in the back I think they were bent up 6 degrees, xo, I used the hydraulic trim just like on the r x x.. I should have never gotten rid of the rxx but anyway I have a 5 year old now and I really loved that x 4 hull. I got the spx from my buddy who has had it since it was new and has treated very well. the only thing I want to do to it is the pipe and I thought the spec 2 with the water deal was better. but I maybe wrong. any input would be greatly appreciated and I am writing this from my phone which is a nightmare.thanks
    You'll need a rev limiter and the right prop to get full use of the spec 2. Spec 1 is a great pipe for rec riding/bottom end power.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    go Spec I for sure as mentioned above. the Spec II loves to eat pistons if not tuned every time its taken out to ride. if its not dialed in you will be rebuilding the engine more than you are riding. A spec II is for racing and wide open runs not rec riding.

Thread Information