Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

Jetski breaches JFK's 100 million security perimiter-total fail racing.com

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/p...terstitialskip

expect a total ban in Jamaica bay now and coast guard cutters @10k an hour to patrol for wayward idiots.
    oh yeah, he'll be looking for a new g/f too!

+1
    Amazing. I agree with the guy below; the guy on the ski did them a huge favor.
    Obviously they have broken links in this system, and better to find it out this way vs. some Islamic radical with a shoulder mounted missile...

"I think he should be given dinner and a bottle of champagne for showing us our faults," Nicholas Casale, an NYPD veteran and former deputy security director for counterterrorism for the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority, says to ABC's Good Morning America."

+1
    Jamaica bay is already off limits.

"Just passing this along to any NY/NJ area riders...I wasn't aware of this and have NEVER been stopped for this in all these years. As I mentioned on my wall....this is almost like saying that if I don't own a BMW, Range Rover or Mercedes that I can't travel into NYC! What's next?!

"Updated 3/21/12: We have been informed by Gateway National Park that the ban on PWCs in National Park Services waters is still in effect this year. These areas include Jamaica Bay (Brooklyn and Queens), the waters off Crooks Point, Fort Wadswoth and Miller Field, Staten Island, and the ocean and bay side of Sandy Hook, New Jersey.""

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I expect there will be a ban on all boats also. That was always a dangerous area to play in. At one time I lived off the mill basin inlet and the water would strip the gelcoat right off your hull. Expect immediate arrest now if you stray into the area now that somebody found the switch for the radar dishes in that zone.

And of course you and I still cannot bring a bottle of water from outside an airport onto the plane....

and you don't need weapons of war..a flock of birds released from a "legal boat" does the job just as well ( see the pic of what happened to a 737 when a bird strike punctured the nose of the plane) Luckily it wasn't a full on windscreen strike.

+1
    Jetski breaches JFK's 100 million security perimiter
    Like a boss...

I bet he had a seadoo.

+1
    It made the news here in Australia, I wonder if he is a Greenhulk member ?
    He should be thanked not charged for pointing out a problem before it was a "real " problem.
    Has America become so terrified of "terrorism" that someone that needed help is persecuted for embarressing the security people ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Jamaica bay is already off limits.

"Just passing this along to any NY/NJ area riders...I wasn't aware of this and have NEVER been stopped for this in all these years. As I mentioned on my wall....this is almost like saying that if I don't own a BMW, Range Rover or Mercedes that I can't travel into NYC! What's next?!

"Updated 3/21/12: We have been informed by Gateway National Park that the ban on PWCs in National Park Services waters is still in effect this year. These areas include Jamaica Bay (Brooklyn and Queens), the waters off Crooks Point, Fort Wadswoth and Miller Field, Staten Island, and the ocean and bay side of Sandy Hook, New Jersey.""
    BD...could you clarify about "bay side of Sandy Hook"..I go sometimes out of Leonardo State muni. launch in Sandy Hook and wrap around the tip to the ocean...theres the Earle weapon pier about a 1000 yds from the ramp..your given itinerary about the rules...staying 750 yds from the pier...thats it...lots of jet skiers out there...could be Park Services wording on that.....

+1
    Dave my post was a quote from AWA face book. I have no clue on the local NY rules.

Banned User
    +1
    Lmfao this is making officials look like clowns! I love it! Glad we have California and new your in the USA!

+1
    Thanks BD....Ill carry some bail money just in case..lol.....boy that poor guy...where's the GPS when you need it...I think those wide runways should have been a hint...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information