Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Libationist krokus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edge of America
    Posts
    114

    FML...over 2k and back to where I started with my '12 P-X

    Initially I installed Riva's SCOM at the beginning of the summer and was running right at 69.

    Installed a Fizzle intake/can, pulled the FA, got the Vtech 8350 tune, and installed a Solas 15/20 re-pitched to 12.5/18.5 by Speedfreaks (Eric's suggestion) with a set back mod and SFR cone.

    The result?

    69.7 at 8100 in 83 degree water with a full tank.

    I know I need an intercooler but frankly I'm tired of throwing money at the boat.


  2. #2
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83
    If you have a 12 PX then you have a external intercooler, so your fine with that. What was the weather temps? I am having similar problems but its dead hot and it causes RPM losses also salt water causes rpm loss as well. Where are you located, and do you ride salt or fresh?

  3. #3
    Libationist krokus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edge of America
    Posts
    114
    Coastal South Carolina.

    Brackish water temp here was 83ish and the air temp was 90ish.

  4. #4
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    You have something else going on here, with SCOM you should have been at 73-74 at 8040 rpm.

    With current mods you should be well over 75 mph at 8300 rpm! SFR pitch is perfect for your mods!

    Change plugs and make 100% sure your IC is not leaking water into intake! I suspect that is your problem......

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    You have something else going on here, with SCOM you should have been at 73-74 at 8040 rpm.

    With current mods you should be well over 75 mph at 8300 rpm! SFR pitch is perfect for your mods!

    Change plugs and make 100% sure your IC is not leaking water into intake! I suspect that is your problem......
    I have to agree. With that prop rpms should be way up.
    I have heard of the newer IC's leaking. As jpt said, if it is that would bring rpms down.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,599
    +1
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by krokus View Post
    Initially I installed Riva's SCOM at the beginning of the summer and was running right at 69.

    Installed a Fizzle intake/can, pulled the FA, got the Vtech 8350 tune, and installed a Solas 15/20 re-pitched to 12.5/18.5 by Speedfreaks (Eric's suggestion) with a set back mod and SFR cone.

    The result?

    69.7 at 8100 in 83 degree water with a full tank.

    I know I need an intercooler but frankly I'm tired of throwing money at the boat.

    You have other problems or your SCOM and/or reflash is not operating. My 12 PX runs 69.5 all day with nothing other than the 4" air intake. You should be running at least 73-74+ with the mods you listed.

  9. #7
    Libationist krokus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Edge of America
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    You have something else going on here, with SCOM you should have been at 73-74 at 8040 rpm.

    With current mods you should be well over 75 mph at 8300 rpm! SFR pitch is perfect for your mods!

    Change plugs and make 100% sure your IC is not leaking water into intake! I suspect that is your problem......
    It's got 38 hours on it. I did have them install a strainer and connect it to both the IC and IBR. Will change out the plugs but how do I check to see if the IC is leaking ?

  10. #8
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by krokus View Post
    It's got 38 hours on it. I did have them install a strainer and connect it to both the IC and IBR. Will change out the plugs but how do I check to see if the IC is leaking ?
    Pull the hose on the IC going to the throttle body and see if there is water puddled up in the IC.

  11. #9
    Got Boost? psycho rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Posts
    5,445
    +1
    182
    Also , If a dealer hooked up your ski to buds, than your V-tech flash, and 8350 rev limiter is gone back to stock

  12. #10
    GRF + DashPac:) seadoo02xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,559
    +1
    948
    Did you silcone the the intake cover, I just found I had a boost leak after I did the intake mod, might want to try that

  13. +1 by:


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Please i need help and im new in this faq with my gp1300r 03 spark????????
    By RAY82 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 01:03 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 09:14 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 06:13 PM
  4. Long Beach to Catalina (And Back) Race, July 22, 2007
    By Socaloffshore in forum So Cal Riders
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 10:33 AM
  5. Where to BUY a Ultra 250 and What to PAY???
    By Vengeance Racing in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 12:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •