Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Someone had a good weekend

I wanted to share with my GH friends what happened to me this weekend. I would also like to say congrats to Eric Francis on a First on his Pro Stock Kawasaki Ultra 300X and a VERY close 4th in Open on that same stock Ultra 300X
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00065.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	280354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00063.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	280357  

Banned User
    +1
    Ahh I can't read it 1st in novice something and was the other 3rd?

+1
    Yes first in Limited and the third in stock which I do not want to talk about.... but I will. I led the race from start to finish and I did miss a buoy. no advantage at all I would have to explain the setup and MANY did the exact same thing as me. I had already run 5 motos and on the last one I screwed up. Was plenty enough ahead to make it up but did not even realize I missed it until it was too late. On the final lap of the race I realized something was different the previous lap when I went around the correct way but by that time I was passed the black. Dropped me from to first to last and overall from first to third. I am still furious with myself. The ski did her part running very well I just didn't do my part. Great experience and even though the final award was for third they knew I was there and gave their best all they could handle. Now to just make up for it at WF.

Banned User
    +1
    Haha don't worry about it! That's racin'. I did the same in Reno, nothing like shooting yourself in the foot!

+1
    Well if you did it I feel much better. I know I am a rookie but to make suce a rookie after 28 laps on the same track to do that is just plain stupid I feel. I ran all out that race also trying to make a good showing for the Kawis. Oh well. BIG lesson learned.

+1
    Way to go - Congratulations!!!

How many 300's were there? How did the other brands fare?

Good Job !!!

+1
    glad you are enjoying yourself GL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Way to go - Congratulations!!!

How many 300's were there? How did the other brands fare?

Good Job !!!
    The Ultras either did great or not so great. More rider than the ski. Very few though. The Sea Doos I would say were the most common ski there. Pretty impressive. Brian Baldwin who runs pro open does have to compete against Dustin. In doing that he really is not getting the glory I saw he deserves. He is a great rider on an extremely fast P-X. He is not getting left by Dustin like talking about. Not taking away from Dustin at all. He is completely amazing on his FZR. To hold the lines he takes at those speeds is a sight everyone should get out and see if there are ever racing near you. With the numbersof skis entered it is hard to say which would be the better one to get if that is your question. In stock, as I stated earlier, other than my mental error I would have been in first. Eric won his pro stock. There was no 300 in Expert class. In open we were represented by a stock 300 so is it fair to really say ha ha the sea doo beat Eric in open???? I will say that all of those skis are almost 10 mph faster than Eric on top speed and he obviously holds his own in open. My honest opinion of what is the best in stock class, Kawi 300x. Limited class there was a true limited FZR in my class. He was FAST BUT sacrificed his handeling for that. In open, I wish there was a true open boat out there. Watching a stock 300 do what it did with a great rider on it, I can only imagine how he would do if on a fully open 300.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    glad you are enjoying yourself GL
    This I am. Very much. I am hoping us GH Kawi racers can continue our success and make a good showing all the way through to WF.
    I do have to say though Corey, I do have to thank all of you that have helped me on here over the years while I was learning. I would not be where I am without all of you.

+1
    Congrats GL. Glad that bucket o' bolts held together for you

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information