Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NYC Area Ramps near beaches and Storage

Im scouring the internet for info and it all seems to be right here.
    Im sorta new to NYC and am having a hard time not having a ski.
    Im not big into the all day rides but maybe interested in the 2-3 hr ride that leaves from yonkers sometimes.
    What Id really like to do sometimes though is sit on a beach all day with some food drink and skis.
    -Are there any places with concrete ramps around that I could throw a stand in the water and camp out for the day?
    Also im finding storage places that advertise jet ski storage but when you look at their units they are indoor walk up???
    -Are there places that you can drop a trailer in and not pay another rent-checks-worth (ive paid as high as $50mo in the Southwest) in any surrounding areas?

Im also shopping for a 300x and trailer so if youve heard anything let me know, otherwise I'll just go to the dealer when I get the storage figured out.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk.
    Thanks. hopefully I'll have more to contribute soon. Gonna check out patchogue tomorrow. I'll see about an evening rental in the morning as well.

+1
    Where do you live in NY? I have posted a thread in this forum section that lists all the ramps/rates on Long Island. The one in Freeport (Albany Ave.) is free to use. There are many "boat access only" beaches 10-15 minutes from that ramp that we beach up at and hang out for the day.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    Where do you live in NY? I have posted a thread in this forum section that lists all the ramps/rates on Long Island. The one in Freeport (Albany Ave.) is free to use. There are many "boat access only" beaches 10-15 minutes from that ramp that we beach up at and hang out for the day.
    I live in Manhattan Uppereast. I saw that link you posted and have been using that as a places to check out list, good stuff.
    Ill check out Freeport next. Do you just bungee an ice chest and chairs to the ski and go to the beach?

I went to the yonkers ramp yesterday, beautiful views and murky water. Also a dead duck on the ramp. At least I know I can leave from there and have parking.

Today I went to Evers Marina on Eastchester Bay and spoke to them about storage. They were very nice and it seemed like a reasonable price with winter storage. Just got to figure out what they will charge for trailer storage or make other arrangements. Looks like there may be some rides to connecticut from there.

So now im on my way to purchasing a 300x Thanks

+1
    I carry a small lunch box size cooler up front along with a few towels. Neoprene PFD makes for a good pillow and I'm set. I'm sure there's a way to rig a small beach chair to the back but I've never done it.

Would love to visit one of those boat only access beaches before the summer is over and hang out for part of the day. What ramp do you guys leave from and where do you go? Oh yes I always carry a beach chair; bungee cord it to the back of ski. Looks kind of funny, but functional.

+1
    I go out of wantagh park but you need to be a resident of nassua county or pay through the nose. The ramp in Freeport is free for all and only 10 minutes away. These beaches are only 10 minutes as well as the inlet for wave jumping and the marsh trails are all over too.

+1
    Wave Wacker,
    I know i'm a touch late to this but welcome aboard.. I spend a fair amont of time intown I love the city.. I think i missed the city ride thise season but that is a load of fun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information