97 polaris hurricane heat sensor trouble?

hi my name is justin and i am still just figuring out how to use this forum so sorry in advance. i damaged a piston on my 97 polaris hurricane so i am in the process of doing my first top end rebuild and cylinder bore. i pulled all my parts out from the cylinders to my muffler and ported everything. i get my parts in tomorrow so i put my exhaust back in. after i put my temperature sensor back in my mfd keeps flashing the red light and displaying the "HOT" warning. is anyone familiar with this issue? im not sure if my sensor is bad or i installed it wrong. i am new to this and im learning as i go. any help would be appreciated. ive been off the water for a month now and its killing me! i just want to get it back together, and get it tuned so i can enjoy the rest of the summer!

+1
    You might be able to find your answer here: http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com

At the very least there is plenty of stuff you can learn from that site and I'm sure someone else will chime in soon enough

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbro277 View Post
    hi my name is justin and i am still just figuring out how to use this forum so sorry in advance. i damaged a piston on my 97 polaris hurricane so i am in the process of doing my first top end rebuild and cylinder bore. i pulled all my parts out from the cylinders to my muffler and ported everything. i get my parts in tomorrow so i put my exhaust back in. after i put my temperature sensor back in my mfd keeps flashing the red light and displaying the "HOT" warning. is anyone familiar with this issue? im not sure if my sensor is bad or i installed it wrong. i am new to this and im learning as i go. any help would be appreciated. ive been off the water for a month now and its killing me! i just want to get it back together, and get it tuned so i can enjoy the rest of the summer!
    Welcome to The Hulk!

I would disconnect the temp sensor and see if the problem goes away, if it does, then the temp sensor is bad or shorting. Make sure the brown/tan temp sensor wire is not pinched or shorting on its way back to the electrical box. The sensor works by providing a ground during an overheat issue. As a result, a shorted wire or damaged sensore could cause the MFD to display "Hot".

Did you remove any wireing from inside the electrical box?

Let us know how you make out!

Thread Information