Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

steering issue driving me crfazy

I have gone through everything I felt would mess up steering but I couldnt find anything wrong, the connection at handle bars is good, cable doesnt seem to be broken, and nozzle turns with bars but still wont turn right on the water. It turns real slow when going fast but it turns almost normal at slow speeds. Any help please. Only about one or two more good weekends of riding here because weather is already cooling off.

maybe a stupid question....but is the pump, venturi, and steering nozzles all tight?

P.S. It'll be warm enough to ride until early October, it's just weird Kansas weather

+1
    Im gonna take a guess and say the pastic nut that holds the cable in by the pump broke. Whenever you make a right turn, the whole cable slides in and out of the pump flange. when you make a left, it is tight up against it, and allows you to turn

Hey GGG how do I get to this nut or do you have a pic? Is it inside by the battery where the cable goes through hull?

+1
    The nut is in the back of the ski where the cable exits the hull by the pump.

yep, it is snapped off, anyone know the name of it so I can try to find one

Google Free seadoo manuals, Find year model ect. parts manual shows parts and names & #s. I'll bet it's the same for several years and models. I don't think you specified yours . Get shop manual as well. Start looking on ebay or check seadoo dealer. You can cross reference the years, models ect. If find the part if listed as one year & model on that parts list. Might have to get whole assembly. Good luck.

Google Free seadoo manuals, Find year model ect. parts manual shows parts and names & #s. I'll bet it's the same for several years and models. I don't think you specified yours . Get shop manual as well. Start looking on ebay or check seadoo dealer. You can cross reference the years, models ect. If find the part if listed as one year & model on that parts list. Might have to get whole assembly. Good luck .http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seadoo-Steering-Cable-Lock-947-951-GTX-GSX-XP-RX-Limited-/251125248008?pt=Personal_Watercraft_Parts&hash=ite m3a783b3008&vxp=mtrGoogle LOOKS LIKE AN UPGRADE MAYBE MIGHT GO TO OTHER END idK.OTHER PARTS ON THERE AS WELL

+1
    Nice partsfiche here. Great prices too.

http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_select.asp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information