Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Florida keys

  1. #1

    Florida keys

    Not sure where to post this but...

    Going down to alligator reef (lighthouse out off of islamorada) Was wondering if anyone that has been down there knows of a place to flush and clean the skis before the 3 hour drive home. Will be dead tired at 9 pm when I get home in the dark to do this chore.

    Would rather do it at 4:30 down there, have a nice dinner and have a nice relaxing drive home. Most of the marinas either dont allow PWC launching or they allow launching but do not have a rinse/cleaning area.

    Thanks for any input. Tony


  2. #2
    KJvxr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sunrise fl
    Posts
    123
    +1
    3
    Don't pay to launch in islmorada. There's a great public launch just before one of the bridges. I think mile marker 79 or 80. And it's not far from the lighthouse

  3. #3
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,567
    +1
    4,779
    Quote Originally Posted by keller3344 View Post
    Was wondering if anyone that has been down there knows of a place to flush and clean the skis before the 3 hour drive home. Will be dead tired at 9 pm when I get home in the dark to do this chore.

    Would rather do it at 4:30 down there, have a nice dinner and have a nice relaxing drive home. Most of the marinas either dont allow PWC launching or they allow launching but do not have a rinse/cleaning area.
    I don't know, good question. When we go down there we always stay at a condo and they usually have a hose to wash off the boat. But they're pretty funny about their fresh water down there, and for good reason; they have to pump it to the Keys through a 130 mile pipe from the FKAA wellfield on the mainland. After you get back on the mainland, maybe you could locate a freshwater boat ramp on a canal on the way home and just back them down and run them for a few minutes on the trailer; that way you could finish the job the next day at home.

  4. #4
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83
    There are a bunch of hotels/motels on the main road, stop in and ask general questions like your interested in staying, and then go use their hose. Or there's a marina by Holiday Isle (the tiki bar ) I think there are lots of hoses there stop in and do it there quickly.

  5. #5
    Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NAPLES, FL
    Posts
    138
    +1
    5
    I launched at a free one just north of Tavernier...forget the name tho

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KJvxr View Post
    Don't pay to launch in islmorada. There's a great public launch just before one of the bridges. I think mile marker 79 or 80. And it's not far from the lighthouse
    This is where we are going to launch. Just thought if I could pay $25-$40 to launch and could wash them off afterwards it would be worth the money. Thanks Tony

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    423
    +1
    7
    I cant imagine your ski getting ruined if you didn't wash it off within 3 hours. You would be fine washing it when you get home. I have ran all weekend without a wash until I got home a week later. My ski is just fine.

  8. #8
    islmorada is the place where I rode a ski for the first time when I was on vacation way back in 1995 when I was 11 years old,very little waves there.

  9. #9
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    It's best to find a fresh water lake and run it there for 10-15 min.
    Normal flushing DOESN'T get all the vital parts clean.
    But running in fresh water does...

  10. #10
    100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    JUST NORTH OF CUBA-- FL,KEYS
    Posts
    2,556
    +1
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    It's best to find a fresh water lake and run it there for 10-15 min.
    Normal flushing DOESN'T get all the vital parts clean.
    But running in fresh water does...
    +100

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Islamorada - Florida Keys this Sat/Sun
    By tomgtv in forum Southeast
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 01:23 PM
  2. Lookin for riders in Miami & The Upper Florida Keys
    By PWCManiac in forum Southeast
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 11:24 PM
  3. Florida Keys
    By bruinsrme in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 11:12 PM
  4. Where to ride in the florida keys
    By USS RXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 06:09 PM
  5. Ridin' in the Florida Keys Yesterday
    By tomgtv in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 10:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •