Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

whats the first thing i should do

welp as many of you know the rig is completly stock , and was wondering what should be done first

flame arrestors , right ?

hot rod has a list of what you would do 2 a car/truck in a list

somebody wanna give a rough draft for a ski ?

now real question is do you just hold on 2 most of the parts an wait for an install point for the big sha bam or would you just bolt on as you ?

+1
    You'll get a bunch of answers, but it really depends a lot on what type of water conditions you ride in and what you're looking to do. Flat water speed, rough water hookup, or a little of both?

+1
    Engine & Power

Domes (raised compression)
    Flame Arrestors
    Reeds
    CDI
    Waterbox
    Carbs

Other

Intake Grate
    Rideplate
    Prop
    Sponsons
    Wedge
    --------------------------------------------------------------

None of this is in any paticular order until we find out what it is you're looking for. (riding conditions and expectations)

+1
    sometimes how far you want to go is important too. You dont want to put something on and have to go back later through it when you could have waited. Her was my order mostly because the domes are as far as I am going.

wedge
    rideplate
    nujet prop
    domes

Most of the water I ride in is smooth (mostly lake and river riding). These mods gave great top end improvements and some midrange. I chose the wedge first because it was instant MPH on top. The rideplate was a huge difference in small chop and small top end. The prop mostly helped the mid range. the domes are in my garage. Good luck.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Not to stray, but Crazy do you feel the waterbox truely adds performance? I've read alot about them and find alot of people felt they did nothing for the $$$. The mods I did are the F/A's and reeds for more HP. Then a ride plate and a 6* wedge should help a little in the MPH.

+1
    I guess I would agree. I guess I put it on the list because it's something I like to do.
    There's no doubt that if you're going for more top speed, freeing up the hull and turning a bigger prop is the way to go.
    Most people don't realize it, but the reason the HotSeat kit works so well is that the added compression allows for use of the NuJet 7.5. Instant top end in that scenario.
    Of course the OP Plate and wedge add as well.

Speed Holes?

will

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Not to stray, but Crazy do you feel the waterbox truely adds performance? I've read alot about them and find alot of people felt they did nothing for the $$$.
    See, here's where it get's tricky. I was re-reading some GroupK stuff, and I happen to be a believer in Harry's knowledge. Here's one thing he says, and he mentions it about the 750 DG box as well. In fact, it's part of their 750 package.

EXHAUST SYSTEMS- The stock 1050 exhaust system is capable of delivering very good overall performance for recreational applications. We do not consider the stock pipe or waterbox to be a handicap of any kind on our Limited and Sleeper Kits. There are a number of aftermarket waterbox mufflers available for the 1050's. While these waterboxes can offer a noticeable improvement in overall performance, they also yield a very significant increase in exhaust sound level. Given the general publics sensitivity to the pwc sound level issue, we choose not to include these waterboxes as part of our kits. Quite frankly, we find that there are plenty of other ways to yield ideal power levels without resorting to louder exhaust components

I think when we all talk waterboxes, we bolt them on and say, "I didn't gain any rpm, so it's useeless" and I'm just not sure that's true. It's hard to "feel" acceleration gains, but they may be there, and in part to the waterbox. (maybe) It's like the JetWorks valve mod. It's considered a must do, hell, I've done a ton of them, but I can't say that I've ever plumbed one in and "felt" it by the seat of my pants, although others swear they have.
    For me personally, I just consider the aftermarket boxes a "compliment" to the rest of the package.

Oh... and I dig the sound too!!! VROOM, VROOM, VROOM!!!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    That sounds logical, but it seems hard to justify the $200 price tag. For that much $$$ I belive people want instantanious gains. Hot seat uses one in their packages too, so you are prob. correct about it complimenting the other parts. They are usually smaller than stock, so it has less water to evict when you hit the throttle.

why do people bitch about loud jetskis , would they wanna hear a ski boat with a small block with headers that go in the air ?

i know there trying 2 fish , golf , barbeque , but im trying 2 have fun and my pleasure proprety tax is going towards parks an rec which is just feeding the cycle so we can have a nice lake ,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information