Intermittent Cranking issues

Hey. This 02 Seadoo GTX DI is driving me crazy. Put the safety lanyard on, beeps twice, most of the time when you push the button to start it all you get is a hiss from the fuel pump. What's weird is if you pull the fuse in the coil box and put it right back almost always starts, well that's a pretty big almost. So I changed of course the actual fuse, that didn't work, so I changed the fuse holder itself, that didn't work. I've used dielectric, I've cleaned all the connections and verified everything is tight...still intermittent. I've changed the solenoid and put a brand new batt in it.

What's next?

I took the start button itself apart...didn't seem to have any issues but after putting it back together it seems to have cured itself. Maybe coincidence, maybe the problem. Either way that's what worked for me.

North Central Arkansas
    Thanks for letting us know. So many times people leave their issues with a dead end no answer. To actually have an answer might help somebody else down the line. Glad you got it working.

Thread Information