Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    way2fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,009
    +1
    4

    Ultra oil filter removal

    To replace the oil filter on the Ultra 250 the intercooler has to be removed first. In order to remove the intercooler the engine mounting bolts have to be loosened and the engine shifted forward. A special tool is required for this and is available only from Kawi for the modest sum of $213.12. Once the oil filter is replaced, the old oil sucked out and everything reinstalled, new oil can only be added with a specially made eye dropper to prevent it from spilling out of the semi dry sump. Oil change shop time estimate 3.6 hours @ $80 hr. plus oil & filter.








































    Of course all of the above is BS, but I bet it opened some eyes !! It's a gloomy, rainy Saturday morning here in FL and I was trying to amuse myself.!

    Actually, did anyone who has taken delivery of the 250 notice if it will be difficult to get at the oil filter ??



    Richard


  2. #2
    R rated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bayville NJ
    Posts
    502
    +1
    8
    the oil filter is in the front ,right side of the motor . I just touched it ! same place as a 15-f but even more easy to get out from the new intake manifold. you dont have to remove the intercooler ! shop labor will be one hour plus oil ,filter !

  3. #3
    Connecticut CrazyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    8,134
    +1
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    To replace the oil filter on the Ultra 250 the intercooler has to be removed first. In order to remove the intercooler the engine mounting bolts have to be loosened and the engine shifted forward. A special tool is required for this and is available only from Kawi for the modest sum of $213.12. Once the oil filter is replaced, the old oil sucked out and everything reinstalled, new oil can only be added with a specially made eye dropper to prevent it from spilling out of the semi dry sump. Oil change shop time estimate 3.6 hours @ $80 hr. plus oil & filter.








































    Of course all of the above is BS, but I bet it opened some eyes !! It's a gloomy, rainy Saturday morning here in FL and I was trying to amuse myself.!

    Actually, did anyone who has taken delivery of the 250 notice if it will be difficult to get at the oil filter ??



    Richard
    That was a good one Richard. My jaw hit the desk, after that I spit my coffee up all over the keyboard!!!

    My pulse actually started to race as I was thinking about the guys that were going to have to change their oil in this fashion!!!

    PHEWWWWWWWWWW....

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    rome ga
    Posts
    938
    +1
    20
    You had me going. So how long to change the belt???????

  5. #5
    way2fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,009
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan View Post
    You had me going. So how long to change the belt???????

    The belt is an easy one...loosen the engine mounts to slide it forward and a pair of hamster paws should be able to get at the belt with little fuss. Of course if you don't want to mess with the mounts, fiberglass cuts easily with a hack saw !

    I wonder how much of a problem a "squealing" belt will be if it gets wet ??


    Richard

  6. #6
    YOU OWE ME A NEW PAIR OF UNDERWEAR!

  7. #7
    way2fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,009
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    YOU OWE ME A NEW PAIR OF UNDERWEAR!

    I had to replace mine too....I peed in them while writing it !!

    Rich

  8. #8
    Moderator The Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wilmette, IL
    Posts
    8,373
    I have seen a couple posts here and there of people complaining about the difficulty in oil changes on the 250. I guess some did not see your disclaimer at the bottom...

  9. #9
    way2fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,009
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    I have seen a couple posts here and there of people complaining about the difficulty in oil changes on the 250. I guess some did not see your disclaimer at the bottom...


    No matter how ridiculous the statement might be, there will always be someone who will believe it. Sort of scary isn't it? Maybe I'll make another post saying the Ultra will do 95 mph with just a change of spark plugs, then put a "disclaimer" in RED CAPITAL letters right under it.....I still bet there will be someone who would believe it !!!!


    Richard

  10. #10
    Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Naples Florida
    Posts
    828
    +1
    27
    This thread needs to be swept under the rug, I can see how some will believe the joke as the truth and pass it on as fact.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oil filter removing wrench for Ultra 300X
    By RXP-X 2011 in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-15-2014, 09:43 PM
  2. oil filter removal?
    By atom1234 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 12:30 AM
  3. help with oil filter removal
    By hilomikey in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 08:11 AM
  4. FS VX110 Oil Filter Removal Tool CHEAP
    By BPnta in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 09:34 PM
  5. Oil Filter Removal 250X
    By Cohete Rojo in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •