08-15-2012, 09:39 AM #1
Apply Corrosion Protection Coating to the Supercharger Rotor?
Does anyone do this? What fogging oil do you use?
2-36 PERIODIC MAINTENANCE
Periodic Maintenance Procedures
Apply Corrosion Protection Coating to the
• Remove:Seats (see Seat Removal in the Hull/Engine Hood chapter)
• Remove the cap [A] of the filler opening.
• Start the engine and run it at idle speed.
• Apply the commercially available fogging oil [A] to the supercharger from the filler opening for 10 seconds.
CAUTION Do not run the engine without cooling water supply for more than 15 seconds, especially in high revolutionary speed or severe engine and exhaust system damage will occur.
• Stop the engine.
• Install: Cap Seats (see Seat Installation in the Hull/Engine Hood chapter)
08-15-2012, 04:08 PM #2
I use the Yamaha stuff "Skully".
It's "Stor-Rite Engine Fogging Oil" in a 12oz. can (P/N # ACC-STOR-RITE)
Once you get some lube on that nipple - the rubber seems to come off rather easily, yet have no fear, the local auto parts store has rubber replacements.
BTW - where's your hull numbers?
Good Luck !!!
08-15-2012, 04:25 PM #3
08-15-2012, 04:29 PM #4
That one should work.
Now be nice - will ya?
08-15-2012, 04:50 PM #5
08-15-2012, 04:59 PM #6
08-15-2012, 05:36 PM #7
08-16-2012, 12:13 AM #8
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)