Is this a good Deal, Please tell me the pros and cons, and would you buy it.

I can get my hands on a 2000 Kawasaki Ultra 150 2 seater with a Trailer for 2400-2800. It has about 144 hrs. Hull is in good shape with little scratches from the dock. Seat has some tears. Motor was brand new last year and has few hours on it. Impeller, impeller shaft, bearings, seals, and a new battery this year. What is the pros and cons of this ski ( Just wanting to know the majors). Is this a good price, is this ski good performance wise. How fast can these go. Would you buy this ski. Any help thanks im getting into jetskiing this year and bought my first ski it was a yamaha wave venture, now i want something else. THANKS !!!

This is the exact picture of the ski.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kawasaki ultra.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	280502

+1
    As long as the engine was rebuilt with GOOD parts, i.e. genuine Kawasaki pistons and the cylinders are original or replated nikasil cylinders, it should be OK. Make absolutely certain that it is NOT an SBT rebuilt. They use crappy parts and steel cylinders that will not hold up. Make sure you get receipts showing who did the work or where the parts came from.

The price seems OK for a good running 'Ski in good condition. It depends on your local economy how much it's really worth.

The Ultra 150 is a great boat. They're fast. Top speed for a stock one is about 65 MPH.

Since it was recently overhauled, I would guess that the oil lines have been replaced, but check. The trim should be modified to give more up trim to make it more fun to ride. There is a mod called the Triple Pisser Mod that is an excellent upgrade that allows you to monitor water flow from each cylinder head.

The guy said that it was replaced when the previous owner had it, he said he doesnt know forsure what motor but he said it was replaced at a dealership

+1
    Find out what dealership.. they should have information on replacement. When you said motor was brand new I assumed a brand new OEM engine. Huge difference from that an SBT rebuild ( where they may or may not have fixed problem to cause it to blow in first place)

+1
    I've seen them cheaper in Florida...
    Winter is the time to save $$$$

How can you tell if its a sbt motor rebuild

+1
    Im not sure you can without tearing it down unless you call the dealer where engine was replaced.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    When you said motor was brand new I assumed a brand new OEM engine.
    You can't buy a complete engine from Kawasaki. I saw one that was cut in half by a broken rod--under warranty--and the dealer had to order each and every piece for it because Kawi refuses to sell engines.

Pull a plug and look down the hole with a light. There should be some markings on top of the piston, but I don't remember exactly what they are.

I ended up not getting it, someone won the bidding on ebay and they bought it for 2650

+1
    Winter time is the time to save $$$$ on skis.

Thread Information