+1

'12 FX Cruiser SHO, Fuel Additives????

Hey guys, I just picked up my brand new FX Cruiser SHO today. Just curious if anybody is running the Yamalube Ring Free Plus or their other fuel treatments in the skis? Is it really needed? About to start break-in tomorrow night!

I have about 20 hours on mine, just fill it up with 87 octane and go. JB

absolutely run the Yamaha Ring Free Plus---it's the best stuff on the market for that. Also, the Yamaha Fuel System Conditioner stabilizes the fuel and handles up to E-15 (most ethanol gas now is E-10)
    both products are "industry standards" for their intended purpose used by boaters in all engine brands....

+1

'12 FX Cruiser SHO, Fuel Additives????

Ran over 500 hrs on my 09 FX SHO, no additives or anything special. Have 136 hrs on my 2012 FX and same thing.

+1
    I didn't plan on it, on my 2-strokes I would put Sta-Bil ethanol treatment in them if I filled up with gas with ethanol. Ethanol liked to gum up the carbs. If I run 87 octane/10% ethanol is it a good idea to run an ounce or two of the ethanol treatment? I am assuming ethanol really isn't as big of deal in a 4-stroke!!!!

run the yamaha additives...they're simply great bang for the buck. at least at our dealer- it is more cost effective than to use sta-bil. yamaha injectors are notorious for sticking, and ethanol isn't the friendliest of fuels-- simply put: its amazing cleaning agent, and highly corrosive. ethanol shelf life falls DRASTICALLY after 30 days, and is often spent by 45. consider the fuel savings from using regular pump gas, and use the additive. Its in my car back in the states that has been sitting for over a month! I'm currently in brazil and just walked to a mechanic shop- guess what half the cars in there need? granted: fuel here isn't quite the same mix as in the states( e20 vs e10) but it was enough to change my ways..even my lawnmower has the cost effective fuel stabilizer!

+1
    Which additive are you talking about? The Ring Free Plus or the Engine MedRX stuff?

I use the Ring Free and the Fuel Stabilizer--they have different functions. I've run them in both my skis since new
    The engine RX is a great product if it's a used ski--it cleans up the engine better

Thread Information