Exclamation 99 gsx limitied has clogged water intake on the motor either fitting/internal help!

i have been having intake water issues / pissing issues

it runs fine on the hose and pisses on the hose and stays cool on the hose

but when in the water it doesnt piss and over heats

after about 2 weeks of doing different things i finally got some information and figured the problem

in the water while idling i pulled the intake line off at the T (t has 3 connections 1 to the rear of hull where the intake is 1 to the water regulator 1 to the head) in the water i seperated the hose at the T and it is in fact sucking water i held it off the side of the ski and it is a steady flow

so then on land today i tried to blow (by mouth) into the intake hose that runs straight to the head and it was VERY DIFFICULT SO I BELIEVE ITS CLOGGED either the fitting or the head (cant unscrew the fitting because the exhaust is in the way

a local seadoo mechanic told me to get muraitic acid and pour it down the hose and it could possibly eat away the clog or help it

i did that and the acid sat in the hose and in the funnel and didnt go down not sure if its because the way the hose and fitting are ( has like a lowspot and the fitting faces down)

so pretty much i got a SERIOUS clog

any other ideas or help?

kinda want the last option to be tearing down the engine money is tight and the shops local too me are very expensive and dont have a good rep

+1
    unscrew the the 1/2" 90 degree barbed fitting that threads into the head and stick a screw driver in there and move it around-- replace the fitting, put a 2 foot section of hose back onto it and hit it with 150 psi air pressure-- repeat if the 1st attempt does not do it. I had the same problem earlier this year You can test to see if you got the blockage out by putting it back on the garden hose.

After I found the location of the blockage-- I had maybe 1 hour in the repair. The fitting will come out just fine with the pipe installed, but you may have to remove the SHCS that holds the mount to the tail section of the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    unscrew the the 1/2" 90 degree barbed fitting that threads into the head and stick a screw driver in there and move it around-- replace the fitting, put a 2 foot section of hose back onto it and hit it with 150 psi air pressure-- repeat if the 1st attempt does not do it. I had the same problem earlier this year You can test to see if you got the blockage out by putting it back on the garden hose.

After I found the location of the blockage-- I had maybe 1 hour in the repair. The fitting will come out just fine with the pipe installed, but you may have to remove the SHCS that holds the mount to the tail section of the pipe.
    very helpful! that fitting is about the only part of the system i have not went thru yet but by blowing thru that line (by mouth)i can defintely tell its clogged

ok so im going to go out now and try to take the fitting off but i remember i did try before and turned it a few turns and then it hit a allen bolt and bracket for the exhuast. so remove the SHCS? whats that?

i will hoepfully be able to get it off

ill go to local marine store get new fitting and replace after i attempt to clear it i can get the a long hose for the air as well only problem is i dont have a air compressor hopefully i can find a friend or shop who will let me use theres.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post

did exactly what you said and it WORKED! i watched all the salt white crumbs fall out got it as clear as i could with the screw driver hooked the hose back up and put a garden hose through it at full pressure it blew all the stuff out and was running clear. just for extra cleaning i poured some muraitc acid down there followed by water i then hooked up everything and started it up on the hose (reverse) it stayed cool and seemed fine!

i was so excited i rushed right to the boat ramp and launched it fired right up and i putted away after a few seconds it started lightly pissing!!!

BUT THEN

it wont go past 2500 rpms it spits and sputter and when u try to floor it it cuts out. but then fires back up 2500 is the max and around 2300 it sputters

SOOO.. is it carbs? need rebuilt and cleaned?

Thread Information