Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Newbe with problems, Bad idle and blue smoke; 2007 Yong Wang 700cc

Hi...

I bought a jetski like a week ago and did a testrun before and so. The same night i whent out for a test drive and it worked well att first then it started to smoke some (blue)

Then the next time i whent out whit it i hardly started at first, but i got i going whit blue smoke coming out of it, and the idle was bad, if i tryed to give it some gas it would stall, but if i carfuly tryed to rew it up it would slowly do that and when i get up to 3000rpm and above it runs great.

What can the problem be?

We have checked the sparkplugs (they was a bit oily)

The only thing i did whit it after buying it was that I filled up the oiltank whit new oil, can it be the oil causing the problems?

during the first test ride as it came no smoke from it. but the night after when I took the second test ride it started to smoke at the end.

The Jetski is a YongWang 700cc 95hp 2007 (Polaris Virage 700cc copy)

grateful for all the help I can get (and sorry for some poor English)
    Last edited by K447; 08-16-2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Added Yong Wang info to title

Banned User
    +1
    Smoke from a 2 stroke is generally not a bad thing, unless you are an environmentalist. Some 2 stroke oils smoke more than others. I would check the oil pump cable and make sure that its connected properly. If its getting too much oil that can make it smoke.

Have any pictures of your Wang?????

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Smoke from a 2 stroke is generally not a bad thing, unless you are an environmentalist. Some 2 stroke oils smoke more than others. I would check the oil pump cable and make sure that its connected properly. If its getting too much oil that can make it smoke.

but the smoke and it goes bad at idle and that it is difficult to get the rpm up, started at the same time so I guess something must be wrong?

+1
    Did it run ok before you refilled the oil? What type of oil did you put in it?

Like Bryan said, some smoke is normal with a 2-stroke (they do mix oil and gas and burn the mix!) so that's probably fine. If they idle for a while they do have a tendency to load up. But, it is very possible that the fuel system needs to be gone through. I'm not sure what carbs the wang uses but I don't think they use Keihin like the Polaris 700's do.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post

+1
    where you located ??

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    where you located ??
    Sweden, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    where you located ??
    Sweden...

Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleOut View Post
    Did it run ok before you refilled the oil? What type of oil did you put in it?

Like Bryan said, some smoke is normal with a 2-stroke (they do mix oil and gas and burn the mix!) so that's probably fine. If they idle for a while they do have a tendency to load up. But, it is very possible that the fuel system needs to be gone through. I'm not sure what carbs the wang uses but I don't think they use Keihin like the Polaris 700's do.
    I filled in with a marine oil for outboard motors, synthetic tc-w3.

I was at a workshop yesterday and asked and they thought I would try to replace the cheap oil from the gas station with one that is to jetskis, they gave me an oil that is original to the SeaDoo XP-S 2-stroke mineral oil. should it be mineral or synthetic?

I sucked all the oil from the tank yesterday and filled up with the new, but have not had time to run it enough to notice any difference.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Please understand that none of us on the Polaris forum have ever serviced or even seen a Yong Wang in operation. A couple of members have seen one on a trade show display, but that is abut it.

How does the oiling system work on Yong Wang? Is the oil pump linked to the throttle system to adjust the oil flow rate?

Is it possible the oil pump is incorrectly adjusted and is pumping too much oil? On the Polaris oil pumps if the cable fails or is not connected properly the oil pump defaults to maximum oil flow to protect the engine.

Do not assume the engine has no other problems. Basic mechanical checks are still important. Cylinder compression? Correct spark plugs?

You said it was hard to start for the second ride, but the first ride did not smoke and there was no trouble. It is possible, but somehow I suspect that your choice of oil is not causing the smoke, or is not the only problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information