08 gp1300r issues/questions

hey guys,

I just picked up a 2008 GP1300r couple days ago. Compression on all 3 cylinders is 120psi.

Haven't taken it out on the water yet, but when i was running it on the hose I didnt see any water coming out of the pissers from either side...

There seems to be a hole in the the jetpump area where water rushes out next to the pump, when i rev the motor, the water stops coming out of the jetpump hole, and water begins to flow out of both pissers. it will flow for a min or so, then trickle down to nothing and the water begins to flow out the hole by the jet pump.... I have owned many skis, but have never seen this. Is this normal?

Also from a idle, when i pull the throttle to full to rev it out, there is a 1 second hesitation bog, then it revs out.... Is there something i should fix before going out on the water?? It sounds like it starves for gas then, RPM's rise.

ski has 44 hours on it.

thanks for your help !

+1
    check your gas filter fist.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp89 View Post
    hey guys,

I just picked up a 2008 GP1300r couple days ago. Compression on all 3 cylinders is 120psi.

Haven't taken it out on the water yet, but when i was running it on the hose I didnt see any water coming out of the pissers from either side...

There seems to be a hole in the the jetpump area where water rushes out next to the pump, when i rev the motor, the water stops coming out of the jetpump hole, and water begins to flow out of both pissers. it will flow for a min or so, then trickle down to nothing and the water begins to flow out the hole by the jet pump.... I have owned many skis, but have never seen this. Is this normal?

Also from a idle, when i pull the throttle to full to rev it out, there is a 1 second hesitation bog, then it revs out.... Is there something i should fix before going out on the water?? It sounds like it starves for gas then, RPM's rise.

ski has 44 hours on it.

thanks for your help !
    I had the same problem with the water and it was the water presure on the house...

+1
    efi run like crap on the trailer -no load on pump

+1
    Everything sounds normal so far other than your compression. Stock #3 cylinder should be a few lbs less than 1 and 2 as from the factory they send them out with less compression on3 for safety. I would more likely guess you were 120 120 115 stock
    Put it in the water and see how it runs , I bet you are going to love it . 2008 is a beautiful ski

Quote Originally Posted by RIVERA RACING View Post
    I had the same problem with the water and it was the water presure on the house...
    that's what i though at first, tried my house and neighbors, pressure is strong.. should i continue to run the ski if there is no water coming out of the pissers? cylinders are stay cool when on the hose, just no water is present at the pissers either side.

seems like there is a valve or pump that controls water out the back and into the pissers? when i shut the water and ski off there is a sound coming from the electrical area it sounds like its trying to pump water.

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    efi run like crap on the trailer -no load on pump
    Thanks! I will hopefully try riding the ski this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    Everything sounds normal so far other than your compression. Stock #3 cylinder should be a few lbs less than 1 and 2 as from the factory they send them out with less compression on3 for safety. I would more likely guess you were 120 120 115 stock
    Put it in the water and see how it runs , I bet you are going to love it . 2008 is a beautiful ski
    120 all cylinders for sure did it 3 times before i bought it

+1
    You may be hearing the bilge pump. It always runs when electrical system in energized. Maybe look into pisser and make sure no dirt dobbers packed it with mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    You may be hearing the bilge pump. It always runs when electrical system in energized. Maybe look into pisser and make sure no dirt dobbers packed it with mud.
    that might be it!

the pissers are clear, they flow a ton of water after you rev it, then after a min or so the water stops coming out the pissers and the water begins to flow out by the fitting near the jetpump housing, after i rev again the water fitting/exit stops flowing and water flow out of the pisser.... i have owned a lot of skis but have never seen this usually pisser and pump runs water at the same time no issues

don`t rev the shit out of the ski while on the trailer! depending on your HOME water pressure and angle of ski, it might not piss out the pissers...
    yes, the exhaust cooling water from the top of the stinger comes out of the transom when flushing, this is normal...
    and if it idles a while it will fill up the waterbox and blast out in one big gulp and burp...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    don`t rev the shit out of the ski while on the trailer! depending on your HOME water pressure and angle of ski, it might not piss out the pissers...
    yes, the exhaust cooling water from the top of the stinger comes out of the transom when flushing, this is normal...
    and if it idles a while it will fill up the waterbox and blast out in one big gulp and burp...

def didnt rev it hard out on the trailer. you guy were right ski was fine!!

update rode the ski over the weekend, little to choppy to get top speed ratings but it runs strong, only thing i can really complain about is how slow it is out of the hole.... I knew that GP's had this issue before i bought it but didnt think it was that slow.

maybe modding next? lol

Thread Information