Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2003 gp1300r low fuel warning

so today while riding my 03 gpr i was getting a low fuel warning. I have got this warning before except this time the tank was full. I figured it would be ok to ride back home with the alarm sounding. so now every time i turn on the jet ski (still full tank) i get a warning light and an alarm sounding and i also noticed that the fuel gauge is at 2 out of 8 bars. i figure it is probably just a problem with the sensor but it is quite annoying to ride with it going off.

+1
    Well, seeing as how I live next to you and it is fixed, i guess this thread is closed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinneclack View Post
    Well, seeing as how I live next to you and it is fixed, i guess this thread is closed
    Yes..."fixed"...but how? What was found to be the problem, and how was it fixed? Others viewing this thread for an answer to the same or similar problem will not be helped. This has 60 views so far.

My son has a 2003 GP1300R. I thought I read on another thread here that you just pushed on the mode button for a few seconds to stop the buzzer sound.
    As far as "fixing" the problem, I clicked on this thread hoping to gain some insight if/when we ran into the same problem. Me personally, I would probably pull the sender out of the gas tank and clean it for starters.

So what was it?

+1
    Well I really don't have an answer to that. Yesterday I was about to take the sender out but I decided to put it in the water and check if the problem was still occurring. Sure enough i was still getting an alarm and the blinking light. I hit the mode button and the alarm stopped sounding but the light was still blinking. So I rode it around a little bit and after about 10 mins the light stopped blinking. So the ski was fine for the rest of the day and I haven't got the alarm since. I wouldn't really say it's "fixed" but the problem has stopped occurring. I'm thinking about still taking the sender out just to see what's going on, I don't want to have the same problem in the future.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I do apologize for my nehibors post on this thread. He is sorry as well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    I do apologize for my nehibors post on this thread. He is sorry as well.
    Oh, no biggie at all. We're just trying to learn how best to deal with the problems that come up, and learning from others about how they solved the problem/s helps a bunch..

If you do end up pulling the sender out, look at some other posts (some sticky's I think) about other things you might want to do/take care of while you have it out. There's a flap on the bottom that tend to warp that get's removed...and some make the main fuel outlet line the same length as the reserve line and remove the fuel selector valve all together. Of course it always helps just to wash all the gunk out, especially the pickup filters.

I really like the extra orange that you have on the front of yours...is that paint, decal,???

+1
    thanks,
    its decals, i bought the ski used about a year ago and they were on. i was thinking about taking them off but i think ill keep them.

+1
    oh by the way i noticed after all your posts it lists your skis. ive seen others do this also and i was wonder how. i looked in settings but i couldnt figure it out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    oh by the way i noticed after all your posts it lists your skis. ive seen others do this also and i was wonder how. i looked in settings but i couldnt figure it out.
    You were looking in the right place. Look there again when you have 25 posts and the signature edit will be there.

+1
    i knew it had to be somewhere in settings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information