Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

newbie questions on trailer and ride plate

This is my first ski and trailer so please bear with me.

First question is on the trailer:
    Is it normal for the leaf spring to sit that far off the rear bolt???

Second question is about my ride plate:
    Does seadoo normally use silicone between the ride plate and the hull, and is it normally that messy looking???

Everything is brand new the ski is an 07' RXP and the trailer is an 07' Load Rite
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 010.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	15913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 011.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	15914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 012.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	15915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 016.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	15916  

+1
    By the pictures of the trailer it looks like that may be some sort of slide system. But I dont know nothin bout no Sea Doo. If the bolt that goes through the leaf spring eye has a "bushing" or spacer between the 2 mounts I wouldnt worry about it.

NJRXP: Hey bro!, yeah that looks a bit excessive to me...
    Did the stealership give ya the right trailer, load rating wise? what is the model number?
    IMHO, load rite is pure crap. I have one, the stealership sold be a freakin bass boat trailer for my 3 seater, so "I" had to adjust the bunks, and custom make a set of leaf springs so the damn tires didn`t constantly rub the inner fenders...
    Look up into the underside of your fenders and see if there are black rub marks... this is a sure way to wear down your tires in a hurry!...

about the trailer, I would complain to the sealer that sold it to ya...

about the ride plate, YES seadoo is very messy with their silicone anywheres on the ski...that`s what we pay for ...PR...

link to load rite to see if they gave you the correct model trailer and not something the dealer got a great deal on... http://www.loadrite.com/1/

I just checked the trailer and there is no rubbing in the wheel wells. I also just looked at the certificate for the trailer and it says the model number is WV1200BZTS. But I cant find out which one it is off loadrites web site(maybe its not updated yet for the 2007 models).

SHould I clean up the mess seadoo made with the rideplate or does it not affect the ski and just leave it??

+1
    The springs are normal, you have a set of slipper springs. First time I have seen a set designed like that though.

+1
    Trailer is cool and the sealeant job-sea doo, but it is good to go.

So the leaf springs on the trailer is fine, It wont unhook if i go over a big bump??

Quote Originally Posted by NJRXP View Post
    I just checked the trailer and there is no rubbing in the wheel wells. I also just looked at the certificate for the trailer and it says the model number is WV1200BZTS. But I cant find out which one it is off loadrites web site(maybe its not updated yet for the 2007 models).

SHould I clean up the mess seadoo made with the rideplate or does it not affect the ski and just leave it??
    That model should be good for 1200lbs. You don`t have much catch with the end of that spring.
    I added another small spring to that spring pack. I was experiencing the same thing but also alot of bouncing and slaming the street...
    Those are hook/eye slipper springs.
    a properley set up spring will have the rear spring bolts more in the center when loaded...not like the ones you show in the pic...
    when you go over humps and bumps the spring will come down as trailer goes up catching more and when the trailer comes down and compresses the spring more, more of the hook/loop will be out/away from the bolt, but since there is weight on it, I don`t think it will cause you a problem...If it were mine, I would correct it, just my 2 cents...PR...

looks like they don`t even make my model trailer anymore, huh!
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-03-2007 at 09:58 PM.

How would I go about correcting it and do you think the dealer gave me the right trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by NJRXP View Post
    How would I go about correcting it and do you think the dealer gave me the right trailer?
    I think They gave you the correct trailer, the number in the model usually denotes how much capacity it has, hence 1200 lbs.
    For the 1002 model then it would be 1000 lbs...
    I would just ask your dealer and see what they say.
    How does the trailer Tow? Does it bounce alot? Do you notice if it comes off the ground over certain humps/bumps?...PR...

or you could find a decent 3pc spring pack with same center lines if your dealer doesn`t/can`t do anything...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information