1998 & 2002 Standup Skis

I came across a pair of clean low hour 750SXi (twin carbs) standup skis while visiting a friend that his neighbor has.
    Supposedly skis ran really good last time when ridden (in 2009), but now battery is dead on both and can't even start.
    Seller is an older person (60+) and he says he's the original owner and both skis have very low hours. And all I need is a new battery on both - which I tend to believe.
    I checked Craigs for my area but couldn't find any similar ad to compare.
    Seller wants to sell both the same time if possible.

How much do you think I should pay for BOTH skis... assuming what seller saying is all true?

West Coast of Florida
    MGM - they both look pretty clean, and not damaged.

I think they are worth at least $1,000 each based recent information you shared here:

I am really fond of the '02 Checkered Flag Color Scheme - as I came off of an '02 Ultra-150.

The skis look like they were NV = Nevada Registered, which means fresh water.

For some reason, I thought you were an Aussie?

Here's a recent ski that has a few mods on it - that also has some visible damage and did NOT sell for the 3K starting price:

Good Luck on your decision.

Thanks for your input.

The 750SXiPro is a way dfferent machine from 550 & 650.
    Not just more cc but different hull (handlaid fiberglass instead of chopper gun), different engine with big-pin crank, reed valves, machined combustion chamber, etc.
    I would like to pay only $1000 but my guess is that the seller would be asking higher.
    Seller asked me to come up with an offer. I don't want to low-ball & insult him but I don't want to pay too much either.
    I just can't seem to find a reasonable or realistic market price for these 750s.

The used 800SXR for $3000 is seems like a steal.

West Coast of Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    I just can't seem to find a reasonable or realistic market price for these 750s..
    OK then, let's do it this way....

MSRP for a 2002 Ultra-150 was $8599-

A "Mint" '02 Ultra-150 now sells for near $3,000-

Hence, Current Market Value for a 2002 Ultra-150 = (3000/8599) x 100 = 35% of MSRP
    MSRP for a 2002 SXi-Pro 750 was $5999-

Hence, Current Market Value for a 2002 SXi-Pro = 35% x MSRP = (0.35 x 5999) = $2100-

The 1998 certainly should be valued less than the above figure.

Trailer is probably worth at least $500-

I am certain $3500- for the entire package would be a GOOD deal...

Let us know how you make out. Good Luck, and hope this helps you...

San Clemente, CA
    Simply put, most SXI Pros sell for $1300-$1700 (maybe a little more if they are absolutely mint) these days + trailer, I would suggest no more than $2800-$3000 for just the skis as you are taking a risk buying skis that you can't hear run, let alone ride even with good odds. BTW, the SXI Pro is an awesome ski, MILES better than the previous SX or SXI 750s... and a SXR for 3k WOULD be a steal.

Morgan Hill, CA
    If you only pay $1,000 each you are stealing them. I just sold a 1992 and 1996 750 for $3,100.00 here in CA they were super clean like those skis. The Pros are way better than my years. that is a steal for the sxr u better get that fast if it is clean.

Thanks for the 'realistic' inputs!

The seller offered to sell at $4000 as a package deal for all of following:
    > Both skis
    > 2 ski covers
    > 4 Gas cans
    > Zierman trailer
    > 2 Aluminum beach stands

It sounds like a great deal, but the thing is I only want one standup ski (already have 3 other skis!).
    I think I will counter-offer him at $3700 and see what he says. If he doesn't budge, I will just pay him what he's asking and try to sell the rest of the things that I don't want.
    I will bring my own battery and do the compression test (should be around 150 psi) at least.

Oh, the sellere is only 600 miles away from me!

Thread Information