Question 99 gsx limited 951 wont go past 2500rpm in water and bogs at WOT and cuts off. CARBS?

after about 2 weeks of messing with a coolant system issue/ intake water issue/ clogged intake line

i finally got the ski to intake water and piss out water while floating in the water and not over (it only used to do it fine on the hose)

so i took it to the lake today to make sure it pissed water and stayed cool

it will idle in the water and seem fine but when try to accelerate it will only go to about 2300 rpms then start to spit and sputter and wana cut off then when u wide open throttle it shuts off. it will start up right away and idle

the ski has done this since i purchased it but i was more concerned with the overheating / pissing issue and thought maybe because it got hot thats why it ran like crap

i pulled the ski out the water on the trailer it fired up on land and after a few minutes it cleaned up and revved up 5000 rpms and seemed normal

so is it for sure 100% a carb clean/rebuild issue?

wana get a for sure answer before i order the kits and get them re done

No drag out of water doesn't need any where as much fuel to run nice.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27314
    Fuel system cleaning instructions. Get rid of gray lines "need 15' of 5/16" & 6' of 1/4 zip strips a few small all ss steel clamps""Leave the venting ones they should be fine ,pull fuel selector valve wash and blow out. Last two 951s I bought had ripped valve diaphragms in fuel pump. So get the kits with the pump rebuild in them. At least Inspect carbs clean fuel screens carb ,clean all jets & needle hole . A dry crispy diaphragm any holes in it and it's been a long time in there REBUILD..You should pull rave valves peek through slots get a look at pistons , do a compression check. Unscrew plug boots cut 1/4" off wire and re-secure them. Set of plugs at Autozone $2.20 ea.

Quote Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
    No drag out of water doesn't need any where as much fuel to run nice.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27314
    Fuel system cleaning instructions. Get rid of gray lines "need 15' of 5/16" & 6' of 1/4 zip strips a few small all ss steel clamps""Leave the venting ones they should be fine ,pull fuel selector valve wash and blow out. Last two 951s I bought had ripped valve diaphragms in fuel pump. So get the kits with the pump rebuild in them. At least Inspect carbs clean fuel screens carb ,clean all jets & needle hole . A dry crispy diaphragm any holes in it and it's been a long time in there REBUILD..You should pull rave valves peek through slots get a look at pistons , do a compression check. Unscrew plug boots cut 1/4" off wire and re-secure them. Set of plugs at Autozone $2.20 ea.
    what kind of new line should i get and where do i get it? it does have the grey lines on there so that could be a issue defintely

and big ? from me is HOW DO I GET TO THE FUEL SELECTOR VALVE ??? i can barely get my and up to there from the engine compartment the pipe is in the way and from the front storage with the tub out i cant even see the valve let alone barely reach it

dumb ? but where is the fuel pump?

i plan on atleast cleaning the carbs do they need to be pulled to do what you said?

rave valves are the 2 round things on top engine that say rotax?

already did new plugs yesterday

ill do fresh cut on wires

thanks for your help dude get back to me asap

To get to the selector valve I just reached up from the engine compartment to the valve.

You can get any type of non injection fuel line from any autoparts store.

The fuel pump is on the side of the carb. In the XPL hull its on the front carb closest to the bow. Has the pulse line from the motor coming to it.

The rave valves are right above the exhaust manifold. They should have 2 big black caps with a red circle adjuster in the middle. Make sure they are clean of carbon and oil, and the valve moves freely up and down.

In my experience similar to yours dying out, mine turned out to be the accelerator pump. It wasnt squirting enough fuel in the motor when I gave quick bursts of the throttle. After re jetting and eliminating that I lost the stalling headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Crodgers14 View Post
    what kind of new line should i get and where do i get it? it does have the grey lines on there so that could be a issue defintely

and big ? from me is HOW DO I GET TO THE FUEL SELECTOR VALVE ??? i can barely get my and up to there from the engine compartment the pipe is in the way and from the front storage with the tub out i cant even see the valve let alone barely reach it

dumb ? but where is the fuel pump? It's on the side of the carb.

i plan on atleast cleaning the carbs do they need to be pulled to do what you said? Yes

rave valves are the 2 round things on top engine that say rotax? Yes the have Oring gaskets and can be reused.

already did new plugs yesterday

ill do fresh cut on wires

thanks for your help dude get back to me asap
    Everyone wants you to not burn up your pistons alot us us have alredy. Lean carbs = burnt pistons.Google Free Seadoo manuals get your manuals on PDF you can just print the pages you need in front of you,

www.seadoomanuals.net - download your service manual

Thread Information