Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

anyone living on the water

just looking for opinions

I have a offer in on a house on the lake, the property backs up to Army Corp property that goes out to a point so no one will be able to build behind me, it has a boat dock but the water is only 3-4 feet deep at the dock so no boat lift will work so I would be limited to my ski`s and maybe a pontoon. The house was built in 1965 ranch style it has had some updates to the inside so it is move in ready but it is a 65 house small rooms,small closets ,small baths, and small kitchen it has some finished space in the basement for a total of about 2100 SQ Ft

houses on a lake with a dock are not cheap if the house was off the water it would be worth about 40 percent of the asking price.

my question is would it be worth it to live on the water if you had to live in a house that you would never buy without the water

how much is it is the big question. My parents just built a house not on a lake but across the street from the lake but i can walk to the beach and boat launch in under 5 min but just liek u said our lot was about half the price of the ones on the lake. but its a brand new house will all the bells and wistles.

Any covenants against remodeling or rebuilding even?

The one thing about waterfront property...they ain't making any more of it.

I bought a lake house in 04 and I feel it was a good deal. Even though you don't think you have the depth for a lift; there are drive on "lifts" that you could use for your ski. I like owning lake front property bc all you have to do is walk down and jump on and ride. I guess it's just depends on price and if you think it's worth it....just my $.02
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0604150072.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	833.1 KB 
ID:	15929   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-dock-9.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	828.0 KB 
ID:	15930  

+1
    The offer is for 415K the county will allow for remodling including complete tear down this is happing in most areas around the lake when the house is older but I dont have the funds for that here are some pictures. i would have to get rid of a bunch of stuff from my current house, my other option is a new golf course development that will open this summer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CN house pictures 001.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	15937

Name:	CN house pictures 003.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	15938

Name:	CN house pictures 005.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	15939

+1
    What flood stage are you at? 10 year, 100 year?

You`d have to add up $$$ what you can repair/change.
    The windows look like they need to be updated...as well as the roof...
    if you are comfortable with the deal, then go for it! Good Luck!...PR...

You know what the house is like inside...nothing is permamnent. Changes inside are easily do-able on a budget...with some sweat equity.

You'd be on a flat lot...quiet neighbors...and a dated house...what are you waiting for?

What'll the values be like in five years? ten?...people will be throwing money at you soon enough.

For starters...I'd have a deck building(party) on the back of that place the first weekend....oh yeah.

+1
    I just sumitted my counter offer. I did not change much from my original and they have another offer on the table so I am not real optimistic but if it does not work out I will keep looking,

one thing that bugs me about this one besides the shallow water is that the seller also owns the lot next to the house but it does not have a dock permit so he has put in the contract that we would apply for a community dock 2 slips so his lot would have acces to a dock also making it more valuable I am not a big fan of sharing a dock as it opens the door for problems I should know Monday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    I just sumitted my counter offer. I did not change much from my original and they have another offer on the table so I am not real optimistic but if it does not work out I will keep looking,

one thing that bugs me about this one besides the shallow water is that the seller also owns the lot next to the house but it does not have a dock permit so he has put in the contract that we would apply for a community dock 2 slips so his lot would have acces to a dock also making it more valuable I am not a big fan of sharing a dock as it opens the door for problems I should know Monday afternoon
    I don`t think I would agree to any easement, you never know who or what will be near your insured property, and maybe the insurance people will raise an eyebrow to that as well...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information