Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Waverunner VXR

Waverunner VXR

Hi,

Just getting into the PWC game and think I have narrowed it down to the VXR. A quick question...it doesn't seem to come with reverse. Is this vitally important? I don't want to be slamming into my dock when trying to park the thing....am curious to see what experienced riders think about the reverse feature. Thanks y'all!

+1
    It has reverse, but no trim.

+1
    Hey, welcome. The VXR comes with reverse.

ok, great to know...thanks!

i've read on other threads that the trim really isn't a big deal...do y'all agree?

+1
    99% of the time I ride my VXS, I don't think about it not having trim at all.

And welcome to the forum

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brentmitchell View Post
    i've read on other threads that the trim really isn't a big deal...do y'all agree?
    I have had trim on all my skis over the last 10 years and could not imagine not having it. BUT if I never had it I would never miss it (and I would probably get use to not having it now but the fz had it )

+1
    Before I got my VXR this year I had it and never used it so for me personally I do not miss it...

+1
    It really depends on the ski. Back in the two stroke days, when there were true two seater hulls, trim was a big deal. Like the 2003 and earlier SeaDoo XP hulls. Under 9 feet in length. Trim was important on that ski. For those that rode back then, you probably remember that most three seater (9-10 ft) hulls back then did not have trim.

Looking at DarkCanuck's sig, I know what he is talking about. The Yamaha XLT's (two stroke/three seater) had trim, but it was not really useful on that ski due to the length. They were just so long it wasn't really beneficial, just good for minor adjustments at best. How long was the XLT? A little over 10 feet long and it was one of the bigger three seaters in that day.

Now flash forward to the present four stroke era and look at the FZR "two seater" ski, for example. It's over 11 feet long... Even the 2012 RXP-X two seater is almost 11 feet long. The VXR ("three seater" without trim) is a little longer than the old XLT's, but still in the 10 foot range unlike like the bigger two seater FZR.

When you look at it like that, trim is not that big of a deal really. Nice to have, but not a requirement, imo.

+1
    The VXR is 10.71 feet long which is 4 inches shorter than the FZR, not a huge difference. The main reason there is no trim on the VXR is to save on costs to keep the price low. Trim is a luxury feature that is great to have but you can live without it. A big selling point of the VXR is it's lower price so these extra features, like trim, are what get sacrificed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information