how is the ride on a FX SHO

Hi
    I am looking at buying two new ski's maybe on of them being a FX SHO and my question is are they as fun to drive as a FZR/FZS. Or are they just for sit down crusing at half throttle . I am going to buy a FZR and now looking at the 2nd ski and thinking FZS or FX SHO cause I am not sure I want to get two of the same thing . I will be ridding the FZR most of the time and I ride stand up and aggressive but not sure my girl friend or friends are going to ride that way or want to sit down , plus when I take my kid or want to tow someone I am thinking the FX might do that better than a FZS. But I don't want to end up with something that drives like a boat when I am use to muscle crafts ??? Thanks

+1
    When you go to buy your FZR,
    just tell the dealer you want to test ride the FX SHO; if he won't arrange it, walk out the door!

The FZS is basically the same ski as the FZR so if you've ridden a FZR you won't need to ride that one!

Yeah I don't know why the dealers around here act like a demo is out of the question I don't buy a boat with out a on the water demo to see what it will or won't do ....they tried to feed me the line that I wouldn't want to buy a ski that's been rode so no one else does either . But I bet if I bought one and didn't like it they wouldn't take it back lol

+1
    Love my FX SHO. It's not much slower than the FZ boats, it handles the chop very well, and it's very stable with passengers. It's just not quite as nimble as the FZ. In the end I don't think the fx will disappoint you

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniChunks View Post
    Love my FX SHO. It's not much slower than the FZ boats, it handles the chop very well, and it's very stable with passengers. It's just not quite as nimble as the FZ. In the end I don't think the fx will disappoint you
    Exactly

FX SHO are just as fast as the FZR 68.5 mph stock and equally fast when modded. The new 2012 FX SHO is a completelly new upper and lower hull,the lower hull has a very different design from the pre 2012 FX SHO and therefore has completelly different handlig from the pre 2012 FX, The new 2012 FX SHO has 6 chimes instead of 4,a full keel,completely different sponsons and is 7.5 inches longer and 24 lb heavier than the old FX SHO. Based on reviews the handling is much better on the new FX SHO and rough water and heavy chop performance is even better than the pre 2012 FX,significantly better than the FZ and about the same as the 300 ultra. Based on my experience the 2012 FX SHO handling is very precise,fast,sharp and responsive not like a boat at all and faster and sharper than the 2004 XLT 1200.
    Acceleration 0-30 is 1.75 sec for the 2012 FX SHO which is faster than all the doo skis whose small 2004 model 3 cylinder engine just can't deliver that kind of acceleration,fastest accelerating doo ski is 0-30 in 2 seconds. And the 1812 cc SHO engine has a lot more torque than the doo engines.
    This specification page and side profile show that these are 2 completelly different hulls sharing the same name http://www.personalwatercraft.com/sp...eg-fx/sho.html
    http://www.personalwatercraft.com/sp...eg-fx/sho.html

Thread Information