What does the stator cover (output cover) do in terms of cooling?

I am wondering what the stator cover (output cover on kawi parts fiche) actually does in terms of cooling.

It has an inlet and an outlet (presently my outlet cracked off), and I am curious hypothetically if it were bypassed what would be missing out on water.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vwmikey99 View Post
    I am wondering what the stator cover (output cover on kawi parts fiche) actually does in terms of cooling.

It has an inlet and an outlet (presently my outlet cracked off), and I am curious hypothetically if it were bypassed what would be missing out on water.
    cools the Main rear output bearing , bearing life is very short if its not cooled

Waz

2007 stx12f

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    cools the Main rear output bearing , bearing life is very short if its not cooled

Waz
    bottom line, fix it or bypass it, you wont like the results of bypassing.

+1
    Not trying to be a wiseazz but you already asked this question repeatedly in your overheating thread...and you seem determined not to fix this because of the price of a new cover plus the labor involved to change it out. It seems like you're repeatedly fishing for the answer "you want".

So go ahead and bypass it! Then please come back and tell us the results. That way anyone even contemplating this, or any other bypassing of critical operating components will know the results.

Ever seen the old Fram filter commercial..."pay me now or pay me more later".

Bottom line, the cost of a new/used cover plus the labor to change it out is just a smidgen of what the cost will be for everything that will be damaged by the bypass.

I asked repeatedly...because I never got a specific answer to my question.. If I did, I would not have reposted it. I just got a "pull engine, replace cover".

I wanted to know what the cover did. Now I do, I'm learning!

Look at my post as you like, but I'm not fishing for the answer I want...I have not seen a bearing cooler on Seadoos, so I thought it was a bonus option that may not have been necessarily needed. My car/truck has all kinds of bearings and they don't require water cooling...So forgive me for asking a stupid question. I am learning!

The cover gasket at about $100 with tax plus 3-4 hours of shop labour to fix it does not offend me. I got an amazing deal on the machine, and can throw a couple more bucks into it. I'd just rather not put the machine in the shop for the next month or two months without actually being able to try it out in the 2012 season, even for a short ride with the bearing cooler bypassed.

Banned User
    +1

Unless your short ride is 2 min then don't do it people have told u over and over and over. Just fix it and then ride it all you want. The repair should not take a shop more then a few days to do or do it yourself it's not hard.

Banned User
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by kryio754 View Post
    doesnt that line go to oil cooler??just sayin thats in it self would demand repair...
    Yep goes from stator to oil cooler.

Thread Information