Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandan1987 View Post
    I know this is a really old thread but what did you guys ended up doing??
    Sold it and bought a Triton.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandan1987 View Post
    I know this is a really old thread but what did you guys ended up doing?? Im thinking of swapping the axles to avoid this sealed bearing stuff lol.
    I've actually had good luck with my 2012 Karavan with maintenance free KNOTT hub/bearings. Never had a problem, just thoroughly rinse after salt water ramping. If that water tight seal gets compromised, then your going to have issues.

BUT I did make sure my next trailer for a new ski was a Triton which is like a luxury car ride compared to the Karavan Lol.

3. +1 by:

Im at the point where i think i should just buy another trailer. Magic tilt with knott axle is just not easy to fix. It could be fix but do i wanna deal with this again?? It just doesn't make sence.

+1
    Why don't you just replace the whole Knott bearing with factory parts? Prob like $250? If you got the cash and want to sleep at night by a brand new trailer (not Karavan). You can get one for under a grand.

6. +1 by:

You can purchase replacement hub/bearing assy. not worth the swap

Ok guys gotta share this with you . I got it fixed i went to the auto parts store spend around 2hrs trying to find a seal for the back as rlace already had the bearings parts figure out in a earlier post so here are the numbers for the seal i used 473560N from national oil seals and for the bearing set35 for duralast. Hope this will help other people at the time when they got to replace their bearings. Have a good one thanks for the help!.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Looking to do some bearing maintenance on my trailer. I found I can buy the complete hub assembly from Knott in Wisconsin. The assemblies are only $25 each, includes nut, seal and all. May be worth a call if anyone needs them. Knott part number is 6B 4065.302

https://www.autoflex-knott.com/contactus

11. +1 by:

Thought I would share my experience with these bearings. I just replaced both hub assemblies on my Karavan with new ones after 3 seasons of all salt water use. I had about 3200 miles on mine based on my truck's trailer tracker. After seeing the posts on failures on these I figured it wouldn't hurt to do it and see the condition of them.

I was pleasantly surprised with the condition of mine. In pretty good shape aside from some superficial rust and no water inside. I think I could have gotten a lot more out of them. I will keep the old ones as back ups and next time just buy the one use axle nut only ($4) so I can pull/inspect and then put them back on. I always keep the back side hub seal sprayed with Fluid Film. I think that helped it a lot to keep that seal waterproof.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0436_MOD.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	425802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0437_MOD.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	425803  

+1
    My bearings last about three years with intermittent salt water use. You are smart to spray the seal area with a rust inhibitor. I believe this is why mine fail-the surface the seal rides on corrodes, making it abrasive. Before I install new hubs I use a lot of emory cloth smoothing this surface and I still can't remove all of the pitting. The axle may have a serviceable sleeve but I haven't looked into that. Since the hubs can be purchased for about $73 each, I don't think it's worth trying to design a new system.

I contacted https://www.autoflex-knott.com/contactus and just ordered a brand new axle with grease able hubs included for my single place Karavan trailer. They said it was an EXACT replacement to the Knott axle/hubs. Price: $142.85 and they are shipping it to me in SE Michigan for $42. No more "sealed" bearings to worry about.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread Information