Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slx update

+1

Slx update

Ski has been running good. Top mfd number is 68.6 @ 6750. Not sure what that equates to in mph. Had 1 gps run of 99.1 km which is 61.5 mph. Saw routinely 62.2, 63.8,66.2 and 1the 68.6 @ 6750 on the mfd

. I like how it throws all the torque at ya all at once like a dragster. Small hesitation...it will almost jump completly out the water if your not leaning lol. what a fun ski to ride. Now i need to work up to 7200 if possible. It was very hard to adjust the carbs.

Whats a good way to do that?

+1
    5-vane chipped stator, stock prop, v-force reeds,stock engine,airbox on, ngk 8's, stock intake and plate, 40/1,93 octane,
    I think the rings are seated after today. Lol. 135psi .so far so good.
    Need to check the wash again.another 12 gallons thru it today. This shoulld show some well developed wash.

+1
    Here's one way to adjust those low screws:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...php?t=182879#2

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Your current RPM is right in the zone where these engines normally run.

No high speed screw adjustment on Keihin carburetors.

Banned User
    +1
    Did you fix the trim yet? I know on my Pro you need to have the trim about half way down to keep the ski from jumping out of the water on take off. Your RPM numbers are just right. Get the trim up and you will gain top end speed.

Banned User
    +1
    BR9ES are the right plugs for that motor.

+1
    I think my trim motor is not moving all the way up n down. Ill be testing that today. Seems to still jump when the trim is down. Bryan. I see why you love your Pro1200! Lol
    I may just swap motors and see how it acts with a known good running one. Not too crazy about using my phone for gps numbers.thats how i got my phone wet last year. Cost me 300.00. It got wet. Need a waterproof cover.

Im wondering when i get the 6 vane back in if it will go any faster. So ya think im in the zone huh. Good!

The pissers are a good way to see if the cylinders are getting water to.

The thru hull bushing carrier got loose on me at the end of the day. Got that buttoned up again. I figured there would be a few gremlins.

Sucked weeds once.thats about it. Otherwise im real happy with it.cant imagine how it will react with trippples in it.iii

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The trim rod end is adjustable for length, so you need to set the 'neutral' trim position properly.

Also check that the trim motor is calibrated to the display. Hold trim down until you hear the limit clutch in the trim motor click once or twice, then run the trim motor all the way up while watching the display and listening for the clutch. If the display gets to max up about the same time you hear the clutch then they are sync'ed.

Double wrap your phone in to Zip Lock freezer bags. Waterproof and you can still work the phone through the bag.

My SL900 (with 1200 motor) also jumps out of the water unless I am way forward at launch. The SL hulls are not Pro hulls

I am toying with the idea of running no wedge or a very small wedge on that SL900 to see if it will porpoise less at WOT. I already run with full negative trim otherwise it bounces all the time above about 55mph.

Banned User
    +1
    The Pro actually has the motor 2 inches farther back than the SLX, so it should make the problem worse on take off. Are you running the fast trim motor? Make sure your MFD matches up to whatever trim motor you have. 3280264 is the MFD for the fast trim motor.

+1
    The trim rod is adjusted correctly. With the gauge it shows all the way up and down. But little or no movement.trim motor needs a closer look at the gears inside. May be stuck, corroded, or broke.
    Well see what it looks like inside.

Bryan.it has the stock trim motor in it. Not sure if its a double speed type or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information