Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

carbon seal replacement

I want to change the carbon ring, support ring, etc... Are there aftermarket parts that i can choose or should i go with the OEM replacement parts?

+1

carbon seal replacement

From my experience, I would just buy the OEM parts. There are probably vendors on eBay or other websites to get those parts cheaper then the dealer.

+1
    Ive used the kit that is sold on E-Bay and have had zero issues with it on both my skis..and they are both modified..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Ive used the kit that is sold on E-Bay and have had zero issues with it on both my skis..and they are both modified..
    could you send me the address?
    Thanks in advance

+1
    How about this, http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1747

has anyone tried it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    could you send me the address?
    Thanks in advance
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Doo-Driv...ht_1000wt_1037

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    How about this, http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1747

has anyone tried it?
    Some have and have had no issues with it,and some have and have had issues with it...what i do is buy 2 big o-rings from the hardware store(1.50 each),and slide them in the bellows when needed(when not needed i slide them over the hose clamps on the bellows so that way i dont have to dis assemble the driveline to get them on)...IF your boats alignment is good,and you replace the carbon seal along with the big black accordian boot,which i highly recommend, chances are you will not need any tension on your carbon seal for awhile...i just rebuilt the whole seal assembly on both my skis last year and have no issues yet with cavatation...you have to be careful when putting tension on your carbon seal as it can put to much tension on your crank prematurely wearing out your thrust bearings/washers on your crank..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Some have and have had no issues with it,and some have and have had issues with it...what i do is buy 2 big o-rings from the hardware store(1.50 each),and slide them in the bellows when needed(when not needed i slide them over the hose clamps on the bellows so that way i dont have to dis assemble the driveline to get them on)...IF your boats alignment is good,and you replace the carbon seal along with the big black accordian boot,which i highly recommend, chances are you will not need any tension on your carbon seal for awhile...i just rebuilt the whole seal assembly on both my skis last year and have no issues yet with cavatation...you have to be careful when putting tension on your carbon seal as it can put to much tension on your crank prematurely wearing out your thrust bearings/washers on your crank..

Thanks again both for the site and the info, great help Snoman

+1
    I just starting using the bellows band from Speed Freaks, to try and stop some cavitation issues I was having on the rubber band starts in closed course racing,
    I was told to cut a C clip in half and put it in the groove so you have a complete circle of circlip, the stock C clip and a little piece to fill it in, I have not done that part yet,
    It is supposed to keep the groove in your drive shaft from getting bigger and loosing your C clip all together,
    the bellows band helped a little bit, but the best remedy for my cavitation issues I was having was installing the S/S wear ring,
    Once I put in the S/S wear ring my cavitation issues are non existing,
    there is a good sticky on how to change the wear ring in the how to section,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skigolfnut View Post
    I was told to cut a C clip in half and put it in the groove so you have a complete circle of circlip, the stock C clip and a little piece to fill it in, I have not done that part yet,
    It is supposed to keep the groove in your drive shaft from getting bigger and loosing your C clip all together,
    DO NOT cut your C-clip in half and put it in,you will sink your ski gaurenteed!!!what you want to do is take 2 C-clips and grind the edges down till they fit the groove on your driveshaft into a complete circle...this is the right way to do it...Cutting your current on in half??????bad bad idea.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information