2004 gpr
    compression 125 across
    oil injected
    D plate w/ r&D chip
    Jetworks
    FreeFlow
    Riva EFI Controller
    R&D Powerstack filter

a few weeks back I went to ride my gpr, go to hit the throttle and it rev's to about 4k and falls on its face.I rode it a week or 2 earlier and it ran fine all day long. Display shows code 01. Changed plugs (BR8ES-11)on the ski and still happened. figured it was possible a fuel issue so i removed the injectors and sent them out to be cleaned. I also pumped all the fuel out of the tank in case it was bad gas. I used the stock pump to pump out the tank. blew out fuel hose from tank to fuel rail. I checked the oil pump cable and it is in the pump properly and functioning. Powervalves are cycling open.

Injectors came back and were installed along with new plugs (BR8ES-11) and new fuel. I also checked the TPS sensor with a meter and it checked out ok. I installed new plugs and while putting the plug wires on i noticed the wire for the front plug was longer. Opened the box and noticed it was off the coil. Re-installed the wire onto the coil and mounted the box back up.

Started up the ski and it idled like crap and maybe its me but seems that it smokes a little more than normal. idles so bad it almost stalls. Figuring it was loaded up I put it in the water to test ride and clear it out.

Ski idles like crap in the water. If i pull the throttle it bogs a second then goes. It now rev's up where it should and if I let go of the throttle it will idle normal and I can ride fine. If I shut off the ski even if its for a second and start it back up it idles like crap again.

I'm at a loss here and I'd really like to get this ski back on the water without this idling issue. Any ideas?

Kevin, did you check the connection between the Riva controller and main harness??? are all the lights working on the controller? how is the ground wire?

did you try and disconnect the controller and run without it?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fenn View Post

Display shows code 01.

01 Is Normal is it not?

Easy fix Kev. Remove mota insert 4tec

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneboss302 View Post
    01 Is Normal is it not?

yes

+1
    I did and still had the same issue. All the lights are functioning. I think I am going to unplug it again and leave it out for a bit. One less thing in the picture. I currently have it in there because of the freeflow and the power stack filter.

Quote Originally Posted by fenn View Post
    I did and still had the same issue. All the lights are functioning. I think I am going to unplug it again and leave it out for a bit. One less thing in the picture. I currently have it in there because of the freeflow and the power stack filter.
    you would have noticed an immediate change if the controller was the issue. good luck...

Thread Information