Will installing a stage 1 Riva kit void your factory or yes warranty ?

Hello ,
    I am wondering if I install a riva stage 1 kit on a new ski if there going to void the warranty as usual I asked sales men at the dealership and of course he dosent know , I don't know why it is they people people at dealers (cars,trucks,boats,pwc) that don't know crap about what they are selling lol

+1
    look at yamahas web site , they sell most of the main componants of a stage one kit ... Ribbon removal.. etc ...

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    If a warranty claim/ failure can be linked directly to a modification that was made to the ski , then yes it can/will be voided........it also depends on the relationship you have with your Dealer/Service Department.....best bet is to get to know the people in the Service Department......Salesman know how to SELL them, they have no idea how to work on them or warranty claims.....talk to the Service Writer.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    it also depends on the relationship you have with your Dealer/Service Department.....best bet is to get to know the people in the Service Department......Salesman know how to SELL them, they have no idea how to work on them or warranty claims.....talk to the Service Writer.....
    This. Buy from a mod friendly dealer.

+1
    I would say you should be okay with Stage 1 mods; but if you're worried about it just pay your dealer's service dept. to install the parts; that way they will know what was done and you will have a record of it being installed by a certified shop. When we upgraded the SC washers on our RXT's we did this and the dealer had no problem standing behind it; later on when we needed warranty work, Sea-Doo took care of us.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    look at yamahas web site , they sell most of the main componants of a stage one kit ... Ribbon removal.. etc ...
    That was my thought as well, but I wonder about this because in each instance it mentions "NOTE: RIVA Performance Kits intended for competition use only" which might give them the ability to void warranty due to use in sanctioned racing.

+1
    Simple answer is yes.

+1
    There is no simple answer. I really investigated this thoroughly and the answer is ...maybe. I won't repeat what everyone has already told you but your risk in voiding your warranty for stage 1 upgrades depends on the dealer where you get service. I don't buy the theory that a dealer has to do the upgrade to keep it in warranty. I asked my dealer's service manager outright and he said if you stay Riva and stage 1 you are ok here. Its not in writing. If he gets hit by a bus and a asshole takes his place I could get a different answer. But...there is a law. The law says that you are not compelled to get service from a dealer or even repairs to maintain a manufacturer warranty. That doesn't pertain to modifications but a dealer or manufacturer that tries to use the excuse that a unrelated modification is reason not to pay for warranty work would be slammed big time. The PWC industry is relatively small but very profitable. It is very unlikely they won't pay for a blown engine because you changed to a high flow air intake unless they find pieces of that in the engine which would indicate substandard quality. Then you gotta go to whoever manufactured the air intake.

Your asking this question is good and you might even hold off doing bolt on mods....for awhile...but eventually you are going to do them...warranty be damned. That is what happened to me but I've gone as far as I'll go which is pretty much stage 1.

+1
    Another option is go with a less stringent after market warranty. I think it was RPM One that I had when my RXP's were eating ceramic washers like M&M's after I modded the crap out of them and they paid for the whole thing.

Thread Information