Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP or RXT or Ultra 250 or ???

I am look for information any of the great performing ski that will run with a Ultra 150. I am trying to decided between a Ultra 250 or one of the RX. I am looking for any thoughts from people that maybe have any of the units, the good, the bad and the ugly. Any information would be great!

+1
    Glad to see you made it over Jim!

my buddy was looking at a rxt vs ultra 250 he's going with the rxt because we already know how 2 to work on them & what r the weak points ( s/c washers) stock the ultra 150 might b a little faster on top end than a stock rxt but in the chop no contest the rxt will walk all over the ultra 150 take the rxt & put a riva stage I & rr s/c fan in it & then i beleave u'll have no problems from a ultra 150 any where

Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    my buddy was looking at a rxt vs ultra 250 he's going with the rxt because we already know how 2 to work on them & what r the weak points ( s/c washers) stock the ultra 150 might b a little faster on top end than a stock rxt but in the chop no contest the rxt will walk all over the ultra 150 take the rxt & put a riva stage I & rr s/c fan in it & then i beleave u'll have no problems from a ultra 150 any where
    That sums it up pretty good! I am curious to see what Pizza Tester goes through on his journy with the Ultra 250.

RXP and a couple simple mods will beat a stage 2 Ultra150....

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Umm,
    I think you guys are getting the Ultra 250 ( Big Daddy-King) and its little brother Ultra 150 mixed up.
    They are not the same ski

+1
    I'm betting on the 250, I've ridden many an RXT, GTX etc. and have never been totall pleased with the rough water ride, nor the feel of the boat. With all of the reports out on how nice the Kawi ride is and believing in the Kawi four stroke, it seems like my kind of ride.
    I'm quite confident with the few mods already available this will be a 70 MPH craft for just a few bucks.
    The ergonomics fit me MUCH better than the BRP, very comfy!!
    I think it will be interesting to see how many guys sell their BRP for a Kawi this year. Even more curious as to how many sales kawi will take from the other manufacturers in 07.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    I've ridden many an RXT, GTX etc. and have never been totall pleased with the rough water ride, nor the feel of the boat.

Please elaborate on this what you donít like. Iím thinking of getting ether a leftover RXT or 15F. I know the 15F and its $1000 less. What I hear about the RXT is great acceleration and rough water speed, poor handling (too stable, wants to go straight). Is the RXT worth the extra $1000?

J

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flytime View Post
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]What I hear about the RXT is great acceleration and rough water speed, poor handling (too stable, wants to go straight). Is the RXT worth the extra $1000?
    great acceleration - absolutely true, our RXTs have amazing hole shot.

rough water speed - true, never been passed by a stock ski in the chop.

poor handling (too stable, wants to go straight) - not true IMO, the handling on RXT is fine, and the nose will not go under and soak you like the stock Ultra 250 set up. (this problem can be fixed however).
    Last edited by YoYamma; 03-01-2007 at 11:58 PM.

+1
    If you ride the rough buy the Kawi.
    If you ride the flat and your buddies have fast skis buy the RXP.
    Come to Ga you can try both out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information