Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ultra 250 or RXP or 15f

I am looking for any information on the Ultra250 or RXP or 15f. I am planing to purchase a new ski and I was leaning on the 250x, but I am hearing so many issue with this ski and the oil change issues is the topper! I am looking for a ski that will be able to run with my Ultra 150, but it needs to be a 3 seater. I am hoping to hear the good, the bad and the ugly on any of these ski. Any information would be great!

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    RXP is out then...its a 2 seater.

+1
    Jim,

So far the Ultra 250 hasn't shown me anything to really get excited about. Based on reports, the top speed seems to be around 66mph. It has horrible gas mileage and plows through the water! On the other side of the coin is the RXT which has a great ride and has a top speed of around 66mph. If the 250 doesn't ride as good as the RXT, forget it. Kawi is claiming the fastest accelerating ski, but 0-60 in 10 seconds is not what I call fast. I do here the 250 handles well. We will see after people start getting there 250s. I guess I am still on the fence. I am going to wait for more reports from users before I jump in again and by something on Kawi heresay.

There really isn't any choice between the 15F and RXT. The RXT is the obvious choice... unless of course you want to get your brains beat out by the 15F. The RXT is about 5mph faster and has a great ride.

+1

250 ride

The ride of the 250 is awesome. I own the lx for touring & can tell you that the ride is unbelivievable. Its smooth & takes the chop like a dreaml. The lean in turn is great and it turns very well. I hit 1 to 2 foot chop with 2 kids on the back and it just went right through, pump never lost hook up. One of the only reports of top speed in the field was done by a 300lb rider still in the break in period so I'm not sold that 66mph is really all this boat will do. The oil change issue was a joke started by Way2fast & I know of no real issues about it. I have never rode a RXT but from what I hear if you like to ocean ride or if you get into any kind of rough water riding, the 250 ride & control will beat the rxt with no ceramic washer problems to boot...
    Last edited by jpack; 02-04-2007 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    The ride of the 250 is awesome. I own the lx for touring & can tell you that the ride is unbelivievable. Its smooth & takes the chop like a dreaml. The lean in turn is great and it turns very well. I hit 1 to 2 foot chop with 2 kids on the back and it just went right through, pump never lost hook up. One of the only reports of top speed in the field was done by a 300lb rider still in the break in period so I'm not sold that 66mph is really all this boat will do. The oil change issue was a joke started by Way2fast & I know of no real issues about it. I have never rode a RXT but from what I hear if you like to ocean ride or if you get into any kind of rough water riding, the 250 ride & control will beat the rxt with no ceramic washer problems to boot...
    Well Put.

We all cant base info from one person as the complet picture. Though is write up was great, it will take more reporting from owners to get the complete perspective. Gas consumption is not an issue either. If your looking for performance and HP from anything then GPH is not what you base your desitions on.
    That's like taking a Fat chick {sorry I meant "Thick Boned"} out to dinner and expecting her to just eat a small salad. If ya wanna ride, ya gotta provide.

My report on the 250

ok My report
    I have had my ski for a week now
    it pulles form the dealership on the trailer nicely
    looks great sitting in my garage next the the 15f
    that was the good stuff
    bad things
    takes up alot of room in garage
    just sittes there and cant ride (13) outside right now
    collects dust because the cover hasnt got here yet
    so ill report more in about 4 to 6 weeks
    just my 2 cents
    Bob in Ky

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    "It has horrible gas mileage "
    Says who?
    A guy on his first ride?
    Wait until he reports on a long ride , with no girls , and his other ski doesn't take on water in the middle of the ride and starts to go down like the Titanic.

+1
    The manual states 18.5GPH at WOT.

That's pretty bad.

Bunch of us in FL should be getting the ski next week so things will get clear up more. As for gas milage, I agree with Skip totally. It has the most HP, it is going to eat the most gas. 1.5 L @ 11.x PSI is equivalent running a natural aspirated 2.66 L engine at a richer mixture.

For me, I like to get the newest thing, RXT is been around for a while so it is out. I am sure new RXT model should be out in the near future then the 07 RXT will be outdated.

The Ultra 250X is the top dog in Kawasaki line and I am sure Kaw. engineers engineer it to be better than 15F in 90% of the ski. I live in FL and might be on rough water alot, 250X is perfect for me. Also this is my first ski, big and stable is what I am looking for since I got no skill!

For an all around performance 3 seater, my money would be on the RXT. The only thing that bothers me about the RXT is the ceramic washers but they can be changed to the metal ones.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information