Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2005 RXT Recommended Upgrades?

Hey fella's,

So I have owned my RXT now for about 4 weeks and I am really enjoying it. It's for my family (3 of us) and we mainly like to cruise around and pull my wife and son on tubes and kneeboards. I am pulling my supercharger this weekend to send to Jerry to have it rebuilt since I just turned 100 hours. I was wondering if there are any upgrades out there that I would benefit from to improve our use of the ski? Like an intake, ride plate, impeller etc? The ski is super fast and I don't see us needing more top speed. Maybe something with more hole shot? Not really sure I should do anything to it or just keep it stock. All opinions are welcome.

Thanks!

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by lt1pwr View Post
    ...ski is super fast and I don't see us needing more top speed. Maybe something with more hole shot...
    Okay...a 4" front air intake and a 3blade prop should fit your bill w/o breaking the bank.

+1
    I put an x charger and 14/19 on my 05 RXT--- hole shot is amazing

I also blocked up the opas paddles and went with the longer 185 steering nozzle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Okay...a 4" front air intake and a 3blade prop should fit your bill w/o breaking the bank.
    Is there a particular pitch prop I should buy? I'm not sure which would apply to the way we ride our ski. What will the intake do? Will it be more fuel efficient?

Sorry for the newb questions.

Quote Originally Posted by lt1pwr View Post
    Is there a particular pitch prop I should buy? I'm not sure which would apply to the way we ride our ski. What will the intake do? Will it be more fuel efficient?

Sorry for the newb questions.
    A better air intake will allow your sc to work easier...making a bit more power and throttle response. A 3blade prop has better low end grunt...however it comes at the expence of a bit off the top...which you don't mind losing...but still.

So...a better air intake will allow you to run not only the corresponding 3blade...prolly one with even a bit more for your needs....Skat would be the make...lesse if I can find the correct one...heh.

Impros suggests this 13/17 for a stock 215 Rxt.

Skat-Trak SD Swirl 159/83/28 3-Blade Impeller

And to answer your fuel efficiency question. The only thing that'll help your mpg...is keeping outa the throttle...heh.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Start with a X charger/42lb inj, R&D grate, 14/18 skat 3 blade for acceleration and good air intake. A very rec friendly set up with a kick to it!

+1
    Thanks guys for your input, time to go shopping

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    Better air intake definitely helps use less gas.

+1
    You have to weigh the mods and who is going to be using the ski. If it's to be driven by wife and kids, you might want to keep it somewhat tame.
    After you have the SC rebuilt it will be more bullet proof in that regards. (Metal washers)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Doo View Post
    You have to weigh the mods and who is going to be using the ski. If it's to be driven by wife and kids, you might want to keep it somewhat tame.
    After you have the SC rebuilt it will be more bullet proof in that regards. (Metal washers)
    Would it be a good idea to start off with the SC rebuild and the air intake for starters and wait on a new impeller?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information