Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    699
    +1
    31

    Broke the 80mph barrier!

    To some this means nothing, to me it means a lot so I am sharing it!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speed test.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	280903


  2. #2
    ms4cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    38
    Mods?

  3. #3
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Congrats... But Cellphones are not the best GPS to be using pick yourself up a garmin. Cellphones arent always accurate. Also I hope it didnt take you 6.2 miles and 13 mins to get 80mph.. Could easily be a spike..

  4. #4
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    Congrats, but as mentioned, iphone gps is NOT accurate for this use, get a real GPS like a Garmin.

  5. #5
    To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    699
    +1
    31
    When I downloaded the app, I thought it would not be to accurate and as I have the means to test it (I run a car dealership and we calibrate speedo's for emergency vehicles) I tested it with a calibrated vehicle. At 70mph it was reading 69.8mph over the vascar markers we use locally for reference. I am pleasantly surprised.

    As for the 6.2 miles / 13 mins - I was just messing around and looking at the beach etc before nailing it!

    Still going to get a Garmin and double test.

    What it has made me realize is that in the UK we hardly ever have days flat enough to go that fast - Maybe 5 days a year if you are lucky on the south coast - and maybe,the money I spent on my ski could have gone on a holiday or two!!

  6. #6
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by Badvgood View Post
    When I downloaded the app, I thought it would not be to accurate and as I have the means to test it (I run a car dealership and we calibrate speedo's for emergency vehicles) I tested it with a calibrated vehicle. At 70mph it was reading 69.8mph over the vascar markers we use locally for reference. I am pleasantly surprised.

    As for the 6.2 miles / 13 mins - I was just messing around and looking at the beach etc before nailing it!

    Still going to get a Garmin and double test.

    What it has made me realize is that in the UK we hardly ever have days flat enough to go that fast - Maybe 5 days a year if you are lucky on the south coast - and maybe,the money I spent on my ski could have gone on a holiday or two!!
    Either way your ski is running strong. Just enjoy it and ride safe out there.

  7. #7
    JT jpt7779's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin
    Posts
    3,851
    +1
    742
    BTW, what year, model of ski and what mods have you done.

    You should consider putting all of this a signature.

    Good job, be safe......

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Badvgood View Post
    To some this means nothing, to me it means a lot so I am sharing it!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speed test.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	280903
    Well done mate
    btw what's the name of the app?

  9. #9
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455

    Broke the 80mph barrier!

    Quote Originally Posted by ski33 View Post
    Well done mate
    btw what's the name of the app?
    Looks like max speed. Developed by member surfrider

  10. +1 by:


  11. #10
    To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    699
    +1
    31
    The app is "Max Speed" by On Core Software. In the Apple App store.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Member Of The 80MPH Club!
    By Bryan K in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 12:33 PM
  2. Speedster 200 Rammed Under a Dock and broke the lever
    By DonaldYourFired in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 12:53 PM
  3. finally in the 80mph club
    By hydrojunkie in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 03:02 AM
  4. broke the 79mph barrier
    By speedy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 09:18 AM
  5. New member to the 80mph club!
    By Duke in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 05:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •