calling carb experts

both carbs on 700 are leaking straight oil. ive verified its not the lines. also i have one carb on my 1050(pto) that was rebuilt by a shop last fall showing the same symtoms.

ive ordered two rebuild kits for the 700. my question is , i can follow the rebuild posts on this site but, what would, in the carb let oil by? and for the slow weep on the 1050 is

there a chance of drawing air through whatever is causing the leak? not knowing how the passages or working order of the carbs i just cant make a educated judgement call

myself. i attached a photo where i find the bottom of the carbs saturated with oil . please share some insight? also is it possible to get by on the 1050 with just some selected

gaskets?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carb.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	280942  

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have you confirmed that the oil is not seeping out where the oil hose attaches to the nipple? How are the oil lines clamped? Are the oil hoses a snug fit on the nipple?

Try cleaning up all the excess oil and then wrapping thin strips of clean white cotton cloth around the oil nipple fitting. See if the cloth gets oil soaked.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    is the ski premix??if not its either the outer diapraghms or the lines themselves,if its premix it could be the seat o-rings leaking or the metering block o-ring gasket or the outer diapraghm

its not premix.

k447, ive cleaned the area and added a ty wrap with the spring clip on the oil nipple. i have wrapped the lines and even manipulated the line to run away from the carb to take the oil another direction but it still builds on the manifold.

i take a paper towel and wipe the bottom of the carb and its there in abundance. when i removed the carbs the bottoms were soaked with no evidence of it running down from the injection nipple. that makes me believe its slowly gravity feeding through the carbs and out.

i just dont know the oil injection path, parts or seals in the carb to say "ah there's the problem" upon rebuild.

it be nice to share an educated experience if i can rebuild and remedy and can help point others in the right direction. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    is the ski premix??if not its either the outer diapraghms or the lines themselves,if its premix it could be the seat o-rings leaking or the metering block o-ring gasket or the outer diapraghm
    is it that simple? just a cover gasket? the oil just sits behind it like a mini storage tank?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    the gas evaporates and leaves the oil

well got 1 carb apart and getting ready to put together. now for the hell of it i pulled my seat on my 1050 and i got oil under all three carbs now. im about to say screw these things

got to tune here on the water sunday but no leaks. go fiqure. easier than i thought but cant fully comment till i take it out and check the performance and wash

Thread Information