Thread: Trade input
08-20-2012, 07:38 PM #1
A guy is wanting to trade me a 2004 XLT1200 with 77hrs and Titan double trailer. What he says... He had the carbs replaced and recently serviced at dealer. Said the XLT runs 60mph. My trade is a 1991 Ranger 362V bass boat with a Johnson GT150 both in very good shape for being 21 year old boat. Work I've done myself,cleaned/rebuilt carbs,three new batteries,water pump,two new tires on trailer. We are going to look at what the other has to offer this weekend. If all looks and runs good should I trade?
08-20-2012, 08:02 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
whats the ranger worth in real world value
08-20-2012, 09:00 PM #3
seems to be about a even trade $ that decision relies on you if you want to trade, thats a nice ski.......
08-21-2012, 04:16 AM #4
From what I seen the boat price runs around the 5k range.
08-21-2012, 10:18 AM #5
I would sell the boat and trailer and buy a nice 4 stroke ski. the FX models are nice and you can put a little money with and go supercharged or wait for a nice one to come along. the xlt 1200 is a 2 stroke and you have to worry about dropping powervalves and oil lines and premix or not. and not have to mention the 2 stroke oil to buy. but the xlt is a good ski as long as you stay up on the maintenance part of it.
08-21-2012, 10:24 AM #6
no stock xlt does 60....i dont think that combo is worth 5....maybe 45 at best depending on condition.
08-21-2012, 03:22 PM #7
I guess it just depends on where you live, Bass boats are a dime a dozon out here in MO,Ia,Ill and Kansas, case in point I just bought a 1990 20' Stratos fish and ski with a 200 evenrude for $1700 so just depends on where you are at, and how long you want to sit on it trying to sell it. If the guy would come off some cash do it or try to sell it, you might not be able to for $5000, give it a try and put the guy off for a week and see what happens, but I am willing to bet you will not sell it for that price.
08-21-2012, 05:52 PM #8
I answered the ad just for S&Gs. Yeah I'm not thrilled about it being 2 stroke. It's no big deal to keep what I have. I only have around $2500 in the Ranger. Think I'll hold out for a 2013 FZR for myself and let the wife have the 2011 VX Deluxe.
08-24-2012, 08:40 PM #9
i think thats the right choice,
i dont think the ski is worth the 5k. i also dont know how much i would trust a guy that says his xlt1200 goes 60 mph stock.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)