ZXI 1100 Is killing me! Shoot me now! .

I just spent 45 minutes typing my problem in super detail and it was all lost!!

Gonna make this brief : kawasaki ZXI 1100 engine 11/99 with CDCV carbs. Was hard to start ,had rear cyl plug white but other 2 looked good and dark, hesitated off idle ,ran strong WOT,choke cable frayed, duct was missing from rear cyl and other 2 were deteriorated badly. Now completely rebuilt the carbs,new plugs, drilled out pilot caps ,cleaned all passages and set screws to 1 1/2 out,sync front carb at 9mm -mid 10 mm -rear 9 mm, pop off on rear carb at 20 -mid- 20 - front 25, new plugs, drained tank and has 10 gallons of 93 octane / premix & stabil, new filter,new base gaskets (3 thin individual ones), & new choke cable. Status : Only starts with choke, idles high then decreases slowly then eventually dies from 3,000 - 2,500- then 1,800 then from there feels like slow death, fuel filter moving fuel,pulses pushing fuel, returning fuel to tank good. WTH? Torqued all in sequence . Help me out here guys.....Thanks

rear plug white could indicate a rear crank seal leaking causing lean condition on # 3, if it is leaking it will destroy that piston and cyl, did you use new plunger diaphrams in the carbs, were the carbs dirty and restricted ?

Quote Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
    rear plug white could indicate a rear crank seal leaking causing lean condition on # 3, if it is leaking it will destroy that piston and cyl, did you use new plunger diaphrams in the carbs, were the carbs dirty and restricted ?
    Carbs were not too bad. I did not change the plungers there were good.I also was going to do a leak down test but dont have the tool. I am looking for one now ! I pulled it all apart and will try and set everything back to the way it was. I am shocked to see so many views and you were the only one to respond to my post. Thank you for taking the time to post! I am gratefull for any help. I will post leak down results in a few days.

Thread Information