What is the most fuel you have ever put in your 2012 rxp-x?

This mainly applies to the 2012 RXp-X, today I had to ride for about 20 to 30 minutes would the low fuel alarm on and i was very worried I would run out of fuel on the water, only to stop later and fill 12.5 gallons meaning I still had about 4 gallons left.

I know we have a 16.9 gallon fuel tank, but how much of this is actually usable? It seems I could've actually made it back home with 4 gallons of fuel but I wonder at what point will the JetSki cut off when it runs out of fuel? Are there any better ways to check your fuel other than the built-in fuel gauge or low fuel alarm?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jo2jo View Post
    This mainly applies to the 2012 RXp-X, today I had to ride for about 20 to 30 minutes would the low fuel alarm on and i was very worried I would run out of fuel on the water, only to stop later and fill 12.5 gallons meaning I still had about 4 gallons left.

I know we have a 16.9 gallon fuel tank, but how much of this is actually usable? It seems I could've actually made it back home with 4 gallons of fuel but I wonder at what point will the JetSki cut off when it runs out of fuel? Are there any better ways to check your fuel other than the built-in fuel gauge or low fuel alarm?
    This ski tends to show low fuel level when there is still plenty of fuel left. I have the same issue.

+1
    my low fuel alarm goes off after it drops down to 2 bars of fuel left, it doesn't do it right away, only after it has been on 2 bars for a while. filled it up afterwards and put 10 gallons in it to fill it up maybe more. I'm not a fan of the gas gauge on these things because there's that space that is almost big enough for an extra bar. its kinda like you have to watch the fuel going in the tank to verify it's full.

Thread Information