Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Tips to make my gti 130 better for water sports

hey all just got my 10' gti and been trying to find as much info as i can on it but unfortunately there's not much out there it seems. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or things i can do to make it a little better for tubing and wake boarding. My local dealer is willing to give me a SeaDoo Wake Ballast System at cost because they've had it so long, im just wondering if there's anyway to make it work on the gti series, cuz if there is that's great. Also i was told i should try changing out the prop for a little more bottom end, which would be best, and how hard is it to switch between the two? sorry if this has been covered new this is the first pwc that is mine and not my parents. Not looking to modify the crap out of it(as much as id love to) just cuz my luck seems to only be bad and things always seem to brake for me that shouldn't lol.

+1
    well...
    first of all, getting a different impeller would help, (i wouldnt know mucha bout them though, as to get what pitch and so on).

switching out impellers on an IBR ski takes alot of time, imho id say 40 minutes from start to finish on land, with all the tools nearby.

older skis were easier to work with, but still would take time, i dont think you can get any faster than 30 minutes in both cases.

Secondly, the wake ballast system.. dont get it.

had a friend who lent me his to try it out.
    it doesnt make that much of a difference. unless you are getting one for "cheap".

the wake models had a built in ballast, with another one ontop (like you are planning to get) and that set-up did help with making a "better" wake,
    but the extra weight made it slower to accelerate.

an option id get is the wake tower, makes the rope stand higher, so the skier is pulled up and out like on wakeboats (even though their towers are very high up).

it does help some.

I would try the tower, and then see what you are missing to make things better.

not sure as to where to attach the tube, but i dont know if the tower can withstand the weight, so attaching to the rear 2 u-bolts might be a better option (yet again, if they withstand the weight, sorry but i dont tube, only wakeboard and pull afew other wakeboarders and skiiers).

Thirdly, Think about modyfing it abit, there isnt much to do on the 130's, but what can be done, does help (intake grate, air intake, so on).

is your ski in sport mode ? or past break in?

one last thing i would suggest is the Ski module, it isnt great, but helps with inexperienced towers.

and finally, nice truck, and that ski looks too nose up on that trailer.

hope i helped.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shui View Post
    well...
    first of all, getting a different impeller would help, (i wouldnt know mucha bout them though, as to get what pitch and so on).
    i have no experince with seadoos since this is my first ski so i have no idea to were to even start looking
    switching out impellers on an IBR ski takes alot of time, imho id say 40 minutes from start to finish on land, with all the tools nearby.
    As far as i know mines not a ibr ski, doesnt have a brake
    older skis were easier to work with, but still would take time, i dont think you can get any faster than 30 minutes in both cases.

Secondly, the wake ballast system.. dont get it.

had a friend who lent me his to try it out.
    it doesnt make that much of a difference. unless you are getting one for "cheap".
    they said theyd give it to me for cost, from what ive read on posts it made a difference, my main concern is will it work on my gti
    the wake models had a built in ballast, with another one ontop (like you are planning to get) and that set-up did help with making a "better" wake,
    but the extra weight made it slower to accelerate.

an option id get is the wake tower, makes the rope stand higher, so the skier is pulled up and out like on wakeboats (even though their towers are very high up).
    yes i plan to get one, my concern is how to connect the tube rope and still be able to use tow rope, i would think going to one side or the other it might rip the pole off.
    it does help some.

I would try the tower, and then see what you are missing to make things better.

not sure as to where to attach the tube, but i dont know if the tower can withstand the weight, so attaching to the rear 2 u-bolts might be a better option (yet again, if they withstand the weight, sorry but i dont tube, only wakeboard and pull afew other wakeboarders and skiiers).

Thirdly, Think about modyfing it abit, there isnt much to do on the 130's, but what can be done, does help (intake grate, air intake, so on).
    Im having a hard time figuring out which parts auctally work or not, cuz most things dont say gti they are just on other things, Is it possible to throw a turbo on these, i dont see why not looks to me that all the seadoos have basically the same engine.
    is your ski in sport mode ? or past break in?
    i would assume so, how do u tell? its past break in its at 60hrs
    one last thing i would suggest is the Ski module, it isnt great, but helps with inexperienced towers.

and finally, nice truck, and that ski looks too nose up on that trailer.
    do u mean like i have the trailer to high, or the seadoo on the actual trailer is to high
    hope i helped.
    e

+1
    1. cant help with the impeller... im guessing a smaller pitch one will spin faster, and start spinning faster earlier, but i wont be able to put a number on it.

2.sorry, didnt notice you ski wasnt an iBR one, i thought i saw a 2010 in your first post somewhere...
    so forget the ibr and sport mode.

3. how much is "at cost"?
    my dealer was offering me one for 350$. which is low compared to what they sold for here (near 500$)

4. here is a very good site for perfomance parts
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=774

they should work for you ski, you dont have to buy the whole package, maybe parts here and there

like the intake, intake grate, and impeller (sorry again, cant give you numbers on which to buy).

yes at 60 hours its past break in.

and finally, the nose of the ski is higher than the rear, you can see it by the picture, getting the nose of the trailer lower will fix the problem..

you need to get a hitch with a bigger drop.

+1

K yeah it is a 2010 but it's the basic package so I'm assuming it doesn't have the ibr, unless just the reverse counts as that.

I'll try and search and find done info on prop. I managed to find a filter, r&d intake grate, and apparently the resonator delete for the sc version work on the gti.

Well up in Canada we seem to get hosed on everything and they told me cost was around 400, so I'll try and work em down to 300 or just forget about.

What would you think would work best for towing with that ski pole there, I'm just worried that the tubes gonna go flying hard to the side opposite were the rope goes around the pole and it's gonna rip it out, or am I over thinking this.

I have a drop down hitch on my work truck but the key to get it out broke so I had to use that one to pick up the ski
    Last edited by sasq40; 08-25-2012 at 01:36 PM.

+1

Anything I was wondering about is aftermarket sponsons that will work cuz buddy I bought the thing off of must have went into the dock a little hard and the front of one is all cracked and missing some plastic.

I believe the GTIs didnt get the IBR till 2011

+1
    im also from Canada, so definetly take down the price or find one used or someone who is willing to give you one to try out. i tried one out and said it didnt make the difference nor worth the money.

i wouldnt tow a tube with the ski pylon, the 2 rear eyelets do a better job in my opinion.

sponsons wont add much to towing besides turning, so unless you want sharper turns, then go for them.

+1

Yea wish the we're easier to hook up so I could try I first.

On the gti I only have the one hook that's under the seat, do other models have to beside the jet?

And yeah I figured it would help with tubing but if the stocks broke figure I might as well upgrade ha, anyone have any clue what will actually bolt on?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shui View Post
    1. cant help with the impeller... im guessing a smaller pitch one will spin faster, and start spinning faster earlier, but i wont be able to put a number on it.

2.sorry, didnt notice you ski wasnt an iBR one, i thought i saw a 2010 in your first post somewhere...
    so forget the ibr and sport mode.

3. how much is "at cost"?
    my dealer was offering me one for 350$. which is low compared to what they sold for here (near 500$)

4. here is a very good site for perfomance parts
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=774

they should work for you ski, you dont have to buy the whole package, maybe parts here and there

like the intake, intake grate, and impeller (sorry again, cant give you numbers on which to buy).

yes at 60 hours its past break in.

and finally, the nose of the ski is higher than the rear, you can see it by the picture, getting the nose of the trailer lower will fix the problem..

you need to get a hitch with a bigger drop.
    i looked yesterday at your link on my phone and didnt really read it to well. After searching a bunch of other stuff and making my own list, turns out everything on my list is in that link! Ha once i get my rzr fixed ill be ordering that kit. Now for the ecu reprogram, i see theres options for sending in the ecu to reprogram the rev limiter, is the only option thats out there the 750$ one. Id like to get a little more out of it but that seems like quite a bit for my little ski

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information