+1

Can't get Gauge Cluster to turn on - What am I missing?

Everything is pulled out of my RXP-X and sitting on the garage floor. I've got the positive cable coming from the motor to one side of the starter relay. The other side of the relay connects to the positive post on the battery. The ground cable from the motor runs directly to the ground post on the battery. The three ground wires from the center of the wire harness are all connected to the motor as well. Everything else is unplugged except my gauge cluster. Unless I'm mistaken, placing the DESS key on the DESS Post should at least turn the cluster on, right?

In the aftermath of the accident, my steering column snapped in half and was hanging by the wires for the steering wire harness (part #278002789). My gauge cluster had also popped off and was smashed. Right now I'm just trying to verify that the steering wire harness and my new gauge cluster are both functional, but I'm not having much luck.

+1
    im not sure on this BUT i think you might have to hook up the BUDS to it to merry it up so it will operate...Like i said im not sure,thought i read this before though with new clusters..

+1
    Press the start button to wake the system up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    im not sure on this BUT i think you might have to hook up the BUDS to it to merry it up so it will operate...Like i said im not sure,thought i read this before though with new clusters..
    I'm with you on that...I know I'll need to marry it to the ECU before it will actually be usable. But does the ECU even need to be connected right now? Or should the gauge cluster at least turn on with the key on the DESS post and the Start button briefly pressed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Press the start button to wake the system up.
    *FacePalm*

I knew this, but I forgot to do it. Gauge Cluster fires up just fine. Steering Harness appears to be alright. Please delete this thread, I have brought great shame to my village. FYI - I did have to connect the ECU before anything would turn on though...

+1
    Im pretty sure the ecu needs to be plugged in as it controls everything. I know on the Siemens it does.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    *FacePalm*

I knew this, but I forgot to do it. Gauge Cluster fires up just fine. Steering Harness appears to be alright. Please delete this thread, I have brought great shame to my village. FYI - I did have to connect the ECU before anything would turn on though...

This is a clear indicator of stress..... Same shit happens to me more times than one could really deal with... I wish you luck and do you have any plastics parts from the ladder of the rxt?

Thread Information