Buying myself a new jet-ski:)

Hi all,
    i have been reading this forum for quite a while and still cannot make a decision by myself and i hope you can guide me a bit
    I have ridden only a VX jet ski from 2006 in some chops and after 7 minutes i had enough, the waves were killing all the fun.
    This is where i plan to be stationed during the summer (http://goo.gl/maps/n3jlC) and my plan is to cruise around the island visit nearby islands an beaches in the vicinity of 30NM or less, and that is mostly open seas and lot of boats and yachts are cruising along the adriatic sea during the summer making alot of waves as well the winds are mostly from the NW, N during the summer average of 10-15 knots.
    I would like to go for 2012 FX HO, which i could get for roughly 16000$ whit all dicount but i have to wait for it 20 days, or i even considered taking VXS for 14000$. Not much of a price difference.
    What is the difference between VX hull and VXS hull and is that VXS really that bad on medium chop if i ride it for 30NM?
    If i wait for next year models FX HO would come in red which i dislike a lot. Options are wait 20 days get FX HO or save 2k and take the VXS which is good enough for me?
    I dont know my riding style but i think i would like buoy chasing, cornering and jumping waves and stuff.
    I am such a noob at this so i thank you for any suggestions.
    Thanks

+1
    If you are planning on traveling in the open seas primarily, I wouldn't get a VXR or VXS. The VXR/VXS is more nimble and playful but it beats you up a bit in the chop if you are going for miles and miles on it. This is coming from a VXS owner who really likes his ski.

+1
    I'd go for the 2012 Black FX HO... but I HAVE one and absolutely love it... it handles incredible for a big ski, jumps wakes well, plenty of room and stability for carrying two more passengers AND is great in the chop. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you decide on.

+1 on the FX....excellent hull for waves and throwing around. Very responsive, even with the N.A. 1.8

I agree on the black FXHO.
    I believe the VXR/VXS hull is very similar or the same as the VX Hull which you rode and isn't as good in the chop

+1
    Like others have said if your going to be in the open seas and have a lot of boat wake to deal with then the VXR/S is not what you want. Although the VXR/S is a great performance pwc, it does not ride well in the conditions that you have described.

Thank you for your answers, just to let you know i bought a new black FX HO and it will be delivered to me in 10 days
    Dealer said he will prepare it and we will lif it on the trailer and test it together on the water so he ensures everything is ok with the ski.
    Is there any tips you can advise me when the dealer prepares it for me, before we try it on the water?
    I have ordered salt-away from the US as well as few fluid film sprays. Does anyone know if salt away is sold in europe?

+1
    There's nothing really more you have to worry about except for breaking in the engine per the manual. Good move getting the salt away and fluid flim. Those are the best two products for keeping the ski in mint condition.

+1
    Quick question here for anyone who knows because sometimes you can be fed wrong info...so I ride just lakes and I sprayed fluid film all through engine and I was going to do it again soon just before winter storage...someone told me it can cause mold build up and I should be using Yamaha silicone spray?? Find that hard to believe and my understanding is Fluid Film was one stop shopping and the person that mentioned Yamaha Silicone spray was not the dealer...Thanks

+1
    Never heard of fluid film causing mold, has anyone else? I like it because it seems to last longer and doesn't deteriorate rubber like WD-40 can.

Thread Information